Blitzkrieg (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitzkrieg (video)

Me playing blitzkrieg by Yngwie Malmsteen. Jackson RR1 > Boss ns-2 noise suppressor > Aphex punch factory > Ibanez ts 808 > Peavey 6505 > Marshall 1960 B. Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFI8ONnAX4c
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Shred-tastic! Not really a style I enjoy, but that was really well executed! Respect.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Yes... we have a player in the house.

Outstanding.

Comment

Not exactly my bag either, but you did a great job!

Actually, you did an AWESOME job!

Comment

NICE!!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

OMFG! Very well done!
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Damn I need to practice more. I was happy that I was able to learn the solo to Crying In The Rain without too much trouble this afternoon - you're definitely in a league beyond my own.

Comment

Nice!
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Always like watching your videos. I was watching the older ones at work on Thursday actually!

Comment

very nice!!
                    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed View Post
                      Always like watching your videos.
                      +1.

Can you please post your settings on 6505?

Comment

SHit man , i mean wtf, this is absolutely amazing job on that very very diffciult track:O:O The solo was so fucking spot on man, wow. Did you use the tab for it , and if you did coudl you send it to me [email protected]

The best i have heard from you. You have naild it all at neo style now move to fusion , and start owning there too I can provide you with great matrial and fully transcribed songs:P Unless you are into fusioin ofcourse

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing what fusion material you have JC - care to post some?

Comment

Haha thanks guys! I didnt use a tab for 99% of the song. Just that ascending slower neoclassically modulating run after the fast intro descending shit. I find that tabs take all the learning out of it, and if you take the time to use your ear youll end up being way better in the long run. This is not to be a bold claim or anything but this song took me about 2 hours to learn because really fast guitar isnt ussually phrased strangely.. It goes up or it goes down, and sometimes to the side, but thats about it. Yngwie uses alot of patterns of 4 aswell. Once you start really listening to an artist, you see the little things they always do, and que into it, you can learn all of it. If you want hard to learn go listen to george lynch or marty friedman. In terms of the 6505, pre:9/low:3/mid:5/high:2/post:2/resonance and presence:5. Ibanez ts 808 with the drive all the way down, and the level and tone dimed. Aphex optical compressor with the drive at 0 and the level at 10. And then a noise gate. I miced the cab with 2 sm57s. Learned the technique off the www.andysneap.com forums. Frederik Nordstrom took the idea from Bob Rock. He places one mic directly infront of the center of the speaker cone, and one at a 45 degree angle to that. I find that this is the real secret to my lead sound as it adds alot of body and fullness, but you arent adding more bass to your sound, so you avoid those awfull woofs on the low strings. Wow this is a novel. More videos to come, and thanks alot guys!!
                            www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Not familiar with that particular YJM tune but awesome playing!
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X