X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMU1414. Works great once set up.

Comment

Audiophile 192

Best unit out there for the buck. All balanced, high quality, solid drivers. Ive played with a LOT of interfaces. For simplicity and quality, this is tops!~

Comment

Well,don't buy the SB.They have 44 KHz input.And they use software convertion for the 44.1 KHz.So it means some loss of quality.

Buy an M-Audio AudioPhile 2496.They're pretty good.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Yep buy a Audiophile 2496. It's really cool, i installed one in a computer of a friend and up until today it's running without any problems. IMO the main problem with this card is that it's not really expandable but if you don't need any more than the card is providing its a good buy.

Right now the only better card i worked with is my RME HDSP but it's in another price league.

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

So are you guys running 1/4" to RCA cables then with Audiophile 2496?

Comment

Inearthed, The Audiophile 192 is basically the 2496 with upgraded connections and a slightly better noise floor. the 192 supports balanced connections. I highly suggest getting one, I paid 100$ usd for one on Ebay a short while back. It's better then the 2496 and NOT much more!

(192 supports 1/4 TS/TRS connections)

Comment

My recording setup is a sennheiser e609 and a sony IC recorder with USB. Whenever I come up with an idea I just hit the little record button and play. It takes 7 hours of recording at cd quality and I can transfer the files whenever I want.

But then again, Im not trying to print my own CD's either. Here's a Pic (Click Me)
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Sound card for recording?

> I've got a buddy that writes house music and plays on 2 turntables to record sets,and he swears by his Creative X-Fi Platnium. Last I saw,NewEgg had these for like 159.00. It's a standard sound card,but has a front panel much like a car CD player that fits in an empty drive bay slot. He said he was running FL Studio,or Fruity Loops to some,and plugged a friends Yamaha keyboard into the X-Fi,and recorded with 1 millisecond latency. They make cheaper versions of this card,but they don't include the front panel,which has 1/4 in and out right there in the front of your case,along with input/output knobs. They kick serious ass in multimedia applications such as mp3 playback,movies,and gaming as well. The only problem with them is a known issue with NVidia NForce 4 chipset motherboards,causing a crackling/popping noise,but it's not en every-time thing either. I'm surprised Line 6 hasn't come out with a drive bay POD yet. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I was tinkering with the idea of updating my audio setup for recording since I'm bored of the current sound, and this thread got me looking at audio interfaces (a new word for me now!) and christ am I behind the times!

I have an audigy 2 zs platinum pro, the only affordable system when I was looking years ago. M-audio wasn't big and was very expensive, so my $440au went to creative against my better judgement. They were the only two options! And USB interfaces had zero asio support so they were out and firewire certainly hadn't caught on.

Nowdays its insane the options out there! Looking about, and thanks to this thread for ideas, I'm def gonna upgrade. I was after a good pci setup cause it seems more obvious to an old schooler pc techy as the better option. USB and Firewire audio setups have come a long way obviously, but looking briefly it seems for the same money as pci, your gonna get a far less quality usb setup. Obviously laptops are the target but since that isn't an issue for me I'll go with the quality.

The Emu1212m looks to be astounding bang for buck, and exactly what I'd be after. Maudios 192 looks alright but doesnt quite stack up technically compared. I was alot happier before I confirmed that E-mu is owned by creative! Is this going to be an issue? Bloated to fuck software with ZERO support? I've seen a couple of suggestions that it is. Which sucks, cause the product looks as though people that actually care designed it. The higher end ad/dac's are the selling point, and the snr/thd is awesome. Damn conglomerates! I'd be alot happier if they were like schecter and had a qna;
                    Q: Is Schecter Guitar affiliated with ESP guitars??
                    A: F*ck No!
                    even though they're owned by them

Comment

You should lookat the Line6 stuff. The UX1 and UX2 are great units. They also come with the Gear box software which is really kool. It is worth the price of by itself.

I have ben using one for about six months and have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                        The Emu1212m looks to be astounding bang for buck, and exactly what I'd be after. Maudios 192 looks alright but doesnt quite stack up technically compared. I was alot happier before I confirmed that E-mu is owned by creative! Is this going to be an issue? Bloated to fuck software with ZERO support? I've seen a couple of suggestions that it is. Which sucks, cause the product looks as though people that actually care designed it. The higher end ad/dac's are the selling point, and the snr/thd is awesome. Damn conglomerates! I'd be alot happier if they were like schecter and had a qna;
                        Q: Is Schecter Guitar affiliated with ESP guitars??
                        A: F*ck No!
                        even though they're owned by them

Yes, EMU are owned by Creative, but EMU are actually good at soundcards unlike creative.

An EMU card is astounding! A creative one is horrible. Shit converters, shit sound and only good for gaming if that..

Comment

Thats what I need to hear. The line6 stuff looks ok, but I'd rather a pci, dedicated system.

The gearbox plugins (gold/silver) look interesting but I'm keen to checkout the maudio blackbox now. The updated ver with 40amps have a few I'd use.

Comment

I use M-audio products from years now, never had problems with it and drivers works perfectly. The audiophile 2496 is cheap and has quality ADDA converters. I prefer PCI over USB though.

Comment

I was just about to snag a 2496 or the Audiophile 192, but then a spam ad popped up on another forum and I ended up snagging a slightly used E-Mu 1212m

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed View Post
                                I was just about to snag a 2496 or the Audiophile 192, but then a spam ad popped up on another forum and I ended up snagging a slightly used E-Mu 1212m

the 1212m is way better anyway!

Fantastic converters (Same as in the huge digidesign Pro Tools HD rigs) and some cool inlcuded plugins

Comment

Working...
                                X