No announcement yet.

Good Riffs from Kirk Hammett Metallica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I know, but it just seems like his strongest solos (IMO) were on that album.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      Common knowledge...Kirk got hired after KEA was written.
      Dave Mustaine had writing credits on much of Ride the Lightning too.

It does seem fashionable to bash Metallica these days.... Where the hell was everyone when I was bashing them after And Justice!!!! (I was too young to bash before that ).

It is quite clear that Hetfield is the major talent in the band and I can't for the life of me figure why they kept Hammet on. he was a hasty replacement for Mustaine but they could have picked up almost any of the up and coming guitarists of the time. Darrel Abbott for instance.

Credit where credit is due though, Hammet has stayed the course and he's part of a massive band. But I just don't like him.

Comment

Yeah I think that the stuff he's been writing for the last 15 odd years isn't very memorable. Maybe today we think that Kirk's stuff is stock or just standard metal playing, but he was there helping to set that standard back in the day. On the other hand, those who doubt Kirk's lead abilities, go back and listen to Blackened.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
        X