Good Riffs from Kirk Hammett Metallica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Riffs from Kirk Hammett Metallica

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:04 AM.

Re: Good Riffs from Kirk Hammett Metallica

ssen this before,not a kirk fan but thanks for the links

what do you plat every night then [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Good Riffs from Kirk Hammett Metallica

Seen, this, and its halarious. I just cannot take him seriously.

Comment

kirk is a good guitarist, not the greatist, that was shown on the one video i have showing them making the album with enter sandman and it shows he has trouble doing big screaming solos. but either way i still think hees a good player.. to each is own...

Comment

Originally posted by DenimBrigade
          Seen, this, and its halarious. I just cannot take him seriously.
          so true man

Comment

Comment

i dont think people hate him its just her plays solo's like shit!Honestly the amount of time he has spent playing and even having lessons from instructors(he even studied Jazz!)you would think it would show in his playing.
              I like his riffing but his solo stuff hasnt got better

Comment

Comment

you know it might be mate-but i give him credit he is a household name and earns shitloads of money doing it his way!also its only us snoby guitarists who notice this in his playing anyone else couldnt realy give a toss.He uses that wha to cover up,your spot on therestill a good riffer

Comment

hey sgplayer have you seen the live shit binge and purge dvd?
                    Last edited by craprapx2001; 04-03-2006, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Comment

if youre a metallica fan you should check it...the seattle concert is pretty good... they play master of puppets pretty well...and a few other songs...you definately get a good load of kirk soloing...and then it kindof dawns on you about how kirk pretty much shits the bed playing live...each to his own, but i feel that you will really understand my point when you watch his actuall guitar solo in the middle of the concert...especially the one on the san diego concert...oh man its brutal...

Comment

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I have to agree with all the opinions stated here. sometimes when I listen to Kirk solo it's almost painful, but I think he is an awesome rhythm player.
                            Also every time I've ever seen him taped in an interview, he seems to be a real cool guy.
                            I also think he hides behind his Wah pedal .
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                              kirk is a good guitarist, not the greatist, that was shown on the one video i have showing them making the album with enter sandman and it shows he has trouble doing big screaming solos. but either way i still think hees a good player.. to each is own...
                              I think you're referring to "A Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica"... He's not having trouble playing or writing solos, he was having trouble with Bob Rock fucking with him about it.

Even Lars tells Bob at one point he has to do it his way, but Bob keeps on riding his ass until he flusters him. Plus there's the pressure of having video cameras up his ass.

He did end up pounding out one of the best solos though. And he's done a hell of a job on everything before the black album.

I still like the guy and Metallica. I was there in the early 80's when they inspired me and I still support them today and I'm holding out for them to write like Metallica again... It can happen!
                              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Working...
                              X