Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are not bored with Jackson sweepfests (vid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy balls! Very Paul Gilbert/Racerx. Right up my alley. There's no doubt, in my mind, that this guy is shredding just for the hell of it, but can actually play slower and connect with Joe Listener, if he wants to. This was merely an exercise, in shred, that's all.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

I don't know. I've heard/seen A LOT of Cooley, A LOT! He does try to do some more 'emotional' stuff (as in slow, with lots of vibrato etc) and it's pretty good, but never much longer than 10 seconds.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Maybe the guy needs a hit of Ridalin?
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

No, unfortunately, Rusty can't. He may throw a quick snippet of something under 3498887 nps in a few of his songs, but it sounds forced at best.

The guy has great technique, no doubt, but absolutely no soul what so ever.

If I was in a band with him, after about two minutes of all that noodling, I would smash his amp to bits with my guitar. That "watch me over play" shred thing makes me nuts.

And "Paul Gilbert" should never be used in the same sentence as "Rusty Cooley". It is an insult.

Comment

Ooh. Struck a nerve. okay: Paul Gilbert, Paul Gilbert, Paul Gilbert!
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

LOL, it's all good!

Comment

If you dont like watching people "overplay" then dont.....and dont shit all over the guy if you dont like it.....if youd take "tone and emotion" over all the fast stuff, then go buy a stevie ray vaughn album or whatever. The title of this thread says it all: "If you AREN'T bored with jackson sweep fests then..." If you are bored, then all the power to you, but dont down on a dude because he likes to play fast . Im not trying to call anyone out, and the last thing i want to do is start a war. But in the end, rusty does HIS thing, and people like him or hate him for it. But i have an idea. For every rusty cooley out there, im sure anyone could find someone else that plays nice and slow and "emotionally" for them. And when they do, post a video of them playing. I bet that all the guys who like shred wont call him a pussy for playing too slow, nor would they say he has no feeling, or what have you. Guitar playing and music are too subjective for such strong oppinions like that, cause when i hear shred, i "feel" way stronger emotion than something else.....listen because you like it. Just my two cents
                www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

And i hope no one takes what ive said toooo seriously, i just get bothered by the constant shred debate. Music is for the joy of the listener, and i want to make it so that if people who like shred wanna listen, they dont have to justify it to the nay sayers.

Comment

It has nothing to do with shredding... I love alot of players that are considered "shredders"... Malmsteen, Macalpine, Gilbert, Friedman, Loomis, etc... You can still play fast and do it with emotion, and the before mentioned players do just that. You don't get the impression that there are "wasted" notes in there. I don't get any emotion from Rusty's playing, and I've taken the time to listen to every clip that has been posted for the last few years. IMO Rusty just shows off his technique for technique's sake. His solos don't go anywhere or build. I dunno, his stuff bores me to tears.

Having said all that, I appreciate the fact he can play as fast and clean as he does. I guess if he's aiming for the mathematical robotic approach, then he does a great job.

Comment

The whole thing that i was referring to was that if one does not like something, why bother posting about the fact that they dont like it. Your oppinion of rusty cooley isnt gonna change the way he plays, or the reasons for people such as myself for liking him. And in a thread that is meant to appreciate his playing, why dog him. Theres no point.....if you like him good.... if you dont, at least let everyone who does like him go on doing so unhindered. Thats really all im trying to say. The ongoing debate of who is a better player yada yada will never end because my oppinion about him is no more valid than yours, the only difference is im not one to bash someone if i dont like him. Saying hes a robot, or playing for techniques sake does a disservice to the hours, days, and years of dedication that this man has put into the guitar. Not to mention the fact that he puts up lessons online in almost every guitar editorial, and sites like chops from hell with little profit to himself. So lets show a little respect by not calling him a turd infront of his fans.

Comment

Hey, you like the guy, and I can respect that. Different strokes for different folks. If all music was the same, things would be pretty boring don't you think? You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to mine.

Comment

There's always room in my CD pile for shredders, and non-shredders. Isn't unheard of to have my RacerX CDs standing next to my Stevie Ray Vaughns. And I wouldn't have it any other way..........
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

he puts up lessons online in almost every guitar editorial, and sites like chops from hell with little profit to himself

that means nothing mate,sorry to say>all that shows us is that he promotes himself well.I like his style now and his vibrato when playing in a band situation.Chops from hell should be slops from hell,i keep a large barge pole ready just inbcase that site pops up

Comment

Working...
                            X