Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are not bored with Jackson sweepfests (vid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are not bored with Jackson sweepfests (vid)

Sorry if you are. This makes me want to saw my Jacksons up to fit in the fireplace. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...836790&q=shred

Re: If you are not bored with Jackson sweepfests (

rusty cooley is my guitar teacher, hes the man.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Why? It is very impressive, and lame at the same time...
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Re: If you are not bored with Jackson sweepfests (vid)

Ehh... Not that impressive really. I'll take feeling and emotion over all that side show stuff any day. Dude is definitely fast though.

I could listen to real artists like Randy Rhoads and Andy LaRocque all day. Players like Yngwie tends to get on my nerves after a very short while.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Not impressive? How is being a master of your instrument not impressive? That was amazing.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

makes me want to practice more, if I just didn't have a job, wife, kids, dog, etc....damn, dude can play
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Why? It is very impressive, and lame at the same time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on. A person could say more with the notes they play.

Very fast, very accurate. Fuck me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Not impressive? How is being a master of your instrument not impressive? That was amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always get in trouble with this stuff. I guess that kind of playing doesn't interest me anymore because everyone is doing it now or wants to do it. It's become more of a novelty act than music.

I suppose "not impressive" could be a poor choice of words. Yeah, dudes fast as fuck, he can obviously play the hell out the guitar, but boring at the same time. That clip was just under 3 minutes and I couldn't sit though the whole thing.

Just not my thing is all. I prefer melodics, heart and soul in music over "look how fast I can play this".

Comment

I wish I could play 10% that well. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Like his style or not?, that guy kicks ass!!!

Comment

No question the guy is good. But I can only take that style in very small doses. I respect guys like Malmsteen, Satriani and Vai but I don't have one album of theirs.
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        No question the guy is good. But I can only take that style in very small doses. I respect guys like Malmsteen, Satriani and Vai but I don't have one album of theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... I think I have Yngwie's Rising Force though.

The G3 concerts are pretty cool. I have one with Satriani, Vai and Yngwie. Seems like Satriani only played with effects for 30 minutes, Yngwie played the same old shit he's been playing since the 80's complete with the same outfits and kicks.

Then there's Vai, well, that dude is just a bad ass. The show was his in my opinion.

Comment

not directed at any of the nay sayers in particular, but if you were to take the time to listen to rusty cooley's actual new songs with his band outworld you would find his playing very melodic, and in fact he holds back more than alot of other shredders out there. Sure you can say that the video was lame, but that in fact was taken from an instructional video called extreme pentatonics, in which he is trying to show just how far you can go......Take it for what it is......and if you think its lame then listen to what you like as opposed to downing the man for not being melodic. All in all he is definitly one of, if not the best technical guitar player on the planet
                          www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

I think it was that clip alone the comments were made, nothing personal towards dude or his apparent talent.

Knowing now that it's an instructional excerpt it makes more sense than some dude going nuts for 3 minutes. Know where one might get that instructional video?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              not directed at any of the nay sayers in particular, but if you were to take the time to listen to rusty cooley's actual new songs with his band outworld you would find his playing very melodic, and in fact he holds back more than alot of other shredders out there. Sure you can say that the video was lame, but that in fact was taken from an instructional video called extreme pentatonics, in which he is trying to show just how far you can go......Take it for what it is......and if you think its lame then listen to what you like as opposed to downing the man for not being melodic. All in all he is definitly one of, if not the best technical guitar player on the planet

[/ QUOTE ]

word, rusty rules (thats why i take lessons from him).
                              www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Working...
                              X