Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good studio headphones?

[ QUOTE ]
    I use Bose QuietComfort 2 ANC phones. I was thinking about getting them for over a year, but balked at the $400 price tag. Well, I gave in and got them at a good deal about a month ago and I love 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 absolutely love mine, and have been through the whole enchilada as far as headphones....

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

AKG 240M... did I mention I'm an AKG dealer?
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I have been using the Sennheiser HD580's I also tried the 280's in store and I didnt like them as much. These are open ear and pretty good for monitoring. The reason I went for them was because I needed something that I could monitor direct outputs from a Pod XT Pro for recording. So far, they have served me very well. They are a little pricey. I think I spend about 240.00 on them. Not sure...

-Nate

Edit : Oh yeah.. forgot to mention.. They also had Sony brands where I went. The reason I didn't go with sony was the whole price thing. They were a little outta line.
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Thanks all [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I've been using a pair of Sonys for a couple of years now, but not their professional-grade stuff, just whatever I could find at WalMart. Not sure of the model, but they've got big green cups (look like a Shure Green Bullet housing). They're comfy, a bit midrange-heavy, and get a good sound.
          For my current studio project, I grabbed another pair of Sonys from WalMart for field recording simply because the recording part is not where I'll need ultra-high quality, and surprisingly they have practically zero bleed-through into the mic. The older green ones did bleed through severely.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm currently using Sony 7506's. They're great and lightweight with really good frequency response and isolation. I used to have AKG 240's and they hype is right, but you need a Headphone amp for them, plus they leak. Pricewise, both in the same ballpark.

Comment

These have been my favorite headphones for recording by far. Audio Technica makes some very well built gear. I have been using mine for about 3-4 years now.
              AT headphones

You can get them for $99 or less most of the time.

Comment

Working...
              X