• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Jam members revealed!

Slow the next one down a little Pete.

Comment

The three middle tracks and the last track where the favs for me. Suprise shredder of the bunch? Robot! Some insane shredding there my friend! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I think it should be noted though that I think Sambecuda laid down the most memorable "hook". He started off his bit with a very strong lead and didn't jump right into a solo. Its almost as if he knew he was gonna be starting off the whole thing.

Newc's wall of guitars made me laugh, and I knew it was him right away.

All you guys did an amazing job.

Comment

"The three middle tracks and the last track where the favs for me. Suprise shredder of the bunch? Robot! Some insane shredding there my friend!"

+1

I'm left to wonder...Who is this man they call "robotechnology"? [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments guys, but I honestly still can't believe mine was close to the other tracks.

I used the POD XT with the JCM800 patch. I used a little delay and I think I added a tube screamer in front, but that was it.

I have three favorites. Pete's (because of his amazing shredness), John's(I hear this guy play at least once a week and he never sounds the same. He's always playing differnt shit. It' simply does not end with this guy and hearing this clip proves that. HOw much crap can one guy know!!!!) and Newc's(to me the hands down winner due to originality that was simply awesome), but they all stand out to me in there own way. I was blown away by the whole thing. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

And John, BIRNG IT ON! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Jim - Are you giving me lessons on Thurs as well ?!!? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks,guys..That was awesome..I now feel like I have wasted the last 23 years....Should have stuck to the drums....
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Just wanted to say thanks,guys..That was awesome..I now feel like I have wasted the last 23 years....Should have stuck to the drums....

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ROTFLMAO!! </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys! EVERY body ruled on this jam though. Pete's was my fave but, they all were really, really good.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

After knowing who's who, this is how i rated the participation of each and every one. Personal preference of course, i took tone, style and technique into account.

1) twisteramps [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    2) sambencuda
                    3) robotechnology
                    4) newc
                    5) anders
                    6) the truthguy & JGCable (tied)

You can throw tomatoes at my after listening to my take on the backing track! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

If ya like someone's take, by all means say so! But I don't know if ranking the takes is a real good idea. This isn't a competition. BTW, check out the new thread that I'm about to post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

You're right,

Take it just as a "what take i liked the most" post, based on the criteria i posted above.

No harm intended to anyone guys.

Rock on! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I listened to it once again, I thin John's raw tone is kinda badass, I would use it on some industrial metal/rock solo. Robo's tone was very smooth and clear, pretty cool melodic and tasty licks too. Pete's tone has a nice punchy attack.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Both playingwise and writingwise (I hope I used the right words) #4 and #7 are a bit better than the others imo, And #4 is the best for me. Congrats! great soloing and great writing approach... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64
                            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                            X