First Jam members revealed! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Jam members revealed! :)

btw, I have nearly enough for the next two jams, and should get to work on assembling them in the next few days. here's who was who:

1) sambencuda
    2) newc
    3) anders
    4) twisteramps
    5) the truthguy
    6) JGCable
    7) robotechnology

I need to learn some new licks: you guys picked me 99% of the time! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: First Jam members revealed!

Dear Mr. sambencuda, what gear did you used?
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Cool to know.

My only correct guess was Newc...
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

He used a stock POD XT and I believe he even used a slightly tweaked factory patch. JCM800 I believe.

Comment

cool, I'm gonna get that POD XT soon. I liked sambencuda's vibrato and phrasing the most and there his tone really screamed.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

All of them were great, but the standouts to me were:

Sambencuda. Clean, speedy playing. I love that tone too. The highs really jumped out but weren't harsh at all. Nice bending and vibrato.

Newc. Unorthodox approach (for this forum anyway LOL), instead of doing the same old "see how fast I can play" routine, created a wall of melodic guitars. Cool!

Pete. Insane shredding as usual. Fast, clean playing with all the tricks.

Robotechnology. Great tone, clean fast arpeggio bits, and some melody.

Comment

I liked Robotechnology clip the most, personally. Awesome tone and exceptional phrasing, awesome range in the solo too. The shredding was dead accurate (petrucci-ish)

I loved John's clip a lot too, for the rawish tone, the cool harmonic/floyd tricks and the balance between fast and slow.

I loved them all! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Pete was the only one I got! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                That’s not because you need to learn more licks Pete...You have a distinct style. It's a good thing.
                [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Pete's clip was awesome. I like them all. His was my favorite. The one that suprised me the most was Sambencuda. Heck... he's in my band!!! He's just been recruited to do alot more of the solo work. Great job playing and great job with the tone. Your tone smoked mine. I was going for that raw unfiltered Matchless/stomp box tone. Compared to yours.. it sounds like canned ass. Wait until the next jamtrack. I am going to smoke you bad... real bad...
                  Just kiddin bro.. GREAT JOB.
                  Pete... where do you find 8 finger gloves?? Damn your good. Real good.

Comment

I gotta start listening to you guys' stuff more often so I can pick out who's who in these things [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Though I did kinda figure which one was Pete's - it had the best stereo separation and EQ contrast to stand out from the backing. The engineer always gets the best sound [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Can't say I preferred one section over the other - they're all great [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Khabib - Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] That was 4 guitars - two harmonizing the same scalar pattern (or close enough [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), the 3rd one doing open-string-based hammer-ons on the 1st and 2nd strings and in the general range of the scale the first two guitars are in, and the 4th one doing a 2-part pull-off an octave higher than the 3rd guitar - nothing too complicated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Once I heard the Brad Gillis warbles I knew it was Pete...but he was the only one I could pick out.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Once again, you all sounded fantastic and I applaud all of you for your talent. Damn, you guys are quick - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I gotta start listening to you guys' stuff more often so I can pick out who's who in these things [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Though I did kinda figure which one was Pete's - it had the best stereo separation and EQ contrast to stand out from the backing. The engineer always gets the best sound [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Can't say I preferred one section over the other - they're all great [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Khabib - Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] That was 4 guitars - two harmonizing the same scalar pattern (or close enough [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), the 3rd one doing open-string-based hammer-ons on the 1st and 2nd strings and in the general range of the scale the first two guitars are in, and the 4th one doing a 2-part pull-off an octave higher than the 3rd guitar - nothing too complicated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Newc! I just took what people gave me - I didn't alter the backing in any way. I did boost a few leads volumewise a bit so the levels between submissions were closer, but as far as stereo seperation, anyone can get that on their tracks by widening their parts. I even mixed mine down to a stereo track so it would be as much like the others as possible. Heck, I even recorded mine with the backing I had for everyone else and pasted mine in instead of tracking it 'direct'! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One big tip to make parts jump out is to not drench em in reverb, it adds distance to the sound and loses punch. My guitars were pretty dry, and I panned the harmony sweep guitars 100% left and 100% right.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Pete was the only one I got! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            That’s not because you need to learn more licks Pete...You have a distinct style. It's a good thing.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Pete's clip was awesome. I like them all. His was my favorite. The one that suprised me the most was Sambencuda. Heck... he's in my band!!! He's just been recruited to do alot more of the solo work. Great job playing and great job with the tone. Your tone smoked mine. I was going for that raw unfiltered Matchless/stomp box tone. Compared to yours.. it sounds like canned ass. Wait until the next jamtrack. I am going to smoke you bad... real bad...
                              Just kiddin bro.. GREAT JOB.
                              Pete... where do you find 8 finger gloves?? Damn your good. Real good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez man, thanks! I was amazed at how we all had different feels/ways of playing on this. Some of the HC ones blur together more, I think everyone has been trying to get out of the box a little more on this jam. Can't wait to assemble the next two!

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X