No announcement yet.

BILL Z BUB's.. BED OF NAILS demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the stuff a lot. I also like the fact that the singer sings instead of screaming incoherantly. If the vocal on High Speed Death Roll wer like the vocals on the other tracks it would make it that much better IMO.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

• Originally posted by AdRock View Post
      I like the stuff a lot. I also like the fact that the singer sings instead of screaming incoherantly. If the vocal on High Speed Death Roll wer like the vocals on the other tracks it would make it that much better IMO.

Thanks and welcome....

That was Ty's very first time singing that kind of vocals..ever!!

I wrote "Death Perception" as a Swedish/Death/Thrash song and intended that harsh vocal style..as "High Speed"...but he sang it that way..

That's a twist..you always hear harsh vox to that kind of music..so I thought it was different..and cool.

I let Ty have 100% freedom to sing/write however he wishes..he's the singer ..I'm the music writer...and we're a good team.

His prio band Antithesis..those guys would throw a bunch of crazy crap at him and say.."OK sing here..here..not there..OK..let me sing that part"..it's cool for about 60 seconds..like watching a dog chasing it's tail..15 minutes of crap you can't headband to.

I write straight foward, 4 minute songs..that get to the point..boom.. next song.

I know many hate harsh vox..Ty uses it as a "tool"..he's a very seasoned, amazing singer that can do "harsh" stuff well..it's rarely the other way around.

We let the song go wherever it wants to..as long as it feels/sounds right to us.

To be honest, I can't imagine "High Speed" with clean vox..it's meant to be "violent"..to make dicks kill each other in the pit..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        To be honest, I can't imagine "High Speed" with clean vox..it's meant to be "violent"..to make dicks kill each other in the pit..
        I can, I can even imagine it with jazz horns section and violas.

Imagination is the most important thing IMO

Many metal bands say that real vocals wouldn't fit into their music, I say it's BS, because they haven't event tried it
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• it's amazing how much better the harsh vox sound when you have a REAL singer doing them, like Ty or Akerfeldt
          Hail yesterday

Comment

• Wow, can't believe i haven't replied to this thread although i listened to those songs right when they were posted.
            Bill get your ass in the studio and give those songs a brutal and tight sound and then there is everything there.

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

• E...Ty had a hard time trying getting the right growl..well it was his first time he ever sang like that..I broke his cherry..

I even had Jaun from Attaxe doin' "growls"..and that dude was/is always saprano, he's operaman, but a bit tone deaf..why do I have this effect on people..I make them growl..I dunno, but I like it!!

Gary is right, there is a difference and quality to death vox, I found that guys who always "sang" well are the best "growlers"..like Chuck Billy..I think he kicked Testament in the ass from "low" on..I like his style..because he's in between sing/growl ..he's sings VERY aggressive and powerful!

Flo...Thanks, Bro..I can't waite to throw down this stuff..I know it's going to kick ass..Ty and I are no rookies, and we have a combined, confident vision..that's for sure!!

This is our style..these songs sound completely different from each other..we are NOT one of those death/thrash bands who's records 50 minutes of grunting.. I love Lamb of God but I can't get thru a whole album ..it's grating..he has his "sig and that's cool..but I think he sounds like a robot...no dynamics..he wouldn't be MY singer.

Bed Of Nails..is the exact metal I want to hear..it is an extension of our personality..I'm a VERY aggressive , pissed off SOB..my music will reflect that..I write what I want to say..I always say whatever I want wihout concern..that's what this is in music..I don't try to please everbody..you just can't ...not even Jesus.

Ty does whatever he thinks is needed for the music..He's a GREAT singer..one of my favorites, we're actually "fans" of each other and friends..Ty can do it all..Coverdale, Cornell, Dio, Lemmy, King Diamond, Halford ,Paul Stanley, Barlow..you should hear him in his cover band..he NAILS whatever he covers..I never heard a more "versatile" singer in my life!

Ty can hit any high note Tim can, but there is much more to Ty than that..Tim's guitarist wants to work with him. Ty can sing anything or front ANY band..you haven't heard him yet.

Ripper is awesome..just like ketchup..but Ty is Jelly and I'm Peanut Butter...it fits.

I won't work with mediocre singers..NO way..my old singer auditioned for Van Halen..Eddie actually listened to him..verdict "sounds too much like Dave"..quote

The singer is half the music/band..if the vocals suck..that's 50% suckage right off the bat.
              Last edited by horns666; 07-18-2007, 05:32 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Dude, that would be a dream come true for me..but I know he's busy..but it's never hurts to ask..right!!??

he heard Ty before with my friends old band antithesis and he liked it at the time..so ya never know....
                do it, do it, do it, do it

and i agree about the vocalist.. the vocals have to fit, one way or another. if the vocals arent "there" you can have the best musicians and still suck
                Last edited by Davey; 02-25-2007, 01:16 PM.
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

• Horns 666 wrote

well that's what I do..and that will never change..you'll NEVER hear me doing a "cover" song..hopefully some kids will be covering my songs..but I doubt it..that would be cool tho.

Bill Z Bub

NO need to doubt it

http://download.yousendit.com/F1F9E3E0378A5BDB
                  Last edited by JC_Denton; 02-26-2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Davey..yes the vocals should fit the music..agressive music calls for aggressive vocals..but I like real singers and my dude smokes!!

JC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.....Not again!!!

This makes it twice this week!!!:ROTF:

Cool..good Job..I actually thought it was me for a moment!

Comment

• hey Bill, did you recorded those songs while your balls were hanging out of your pants?
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Some serious brutality there, Bill. You can certainly play, my man!

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

• The "Bed Of Males" tapes resurface. Great stuff, William.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

wow, back from the depths of splooge..THANKS!!!

OK let's review..Uberschall to 11..recorded live with the drums on a Fisher Price "Press and Play"..

That's it..4 track recording...Me and my Uberschall with gain maxed.

I have 4 more songs better than these ready to record. Whenever Ty gets a break from work and his cover band..

Bill Z Bub

I love writing songs...with my son!!!

Comment

• so.. any more work being done lately? i'm eager to hear a more polished up version of this man... but i guess whenever your infernal ass is ready
                              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

• Wassup Davey, you been hiding for a while..

Ummmm..I wrote 4 more since, and want to lay 'em down right..whenever Ty gets a break!!

Ohhh..Newc made a video of "Father Felon"..It smokes any Marilyn Manson or Tool Video ever!!!

http://newcenstein.com/Bill-OldSchoolMetal.wmv

Comment

Working...
                                X