sully, circa 1990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sully, circa 1990

Cool groove. It makes me want to take out my slide. (which I suck at by the way)

Comment

nice! not at all what I expected.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

oh my god sully, if only we could timewarp back and have a battle of the bands, my buddy and I would have crushed you in 1990, even though we were only 13.

http://www.ittybittybuddha.com/jay_lance/ET_Track_3.mp3

HA!

Comment

wow...thread resurrection.

lance, i have to agree wholeheartedly. if you had some kinda cool drum loop going, that song wouldn't sound unlike something from the beta band. you can't go wrong when you can work reese's pieces into a song.

here's the full sized yankees suck pic that inspired my avatar. i'd like to think that i cropped it to only show the important stuff. :

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

and here's another thing i recorded, but only a few years ago. i play lead bass, and an ex did the vocal track. kinda neat, but i dunno if you'll dig it. oh well, here ya go anyway.

http://www.sullyville.net/music/downhere.mp3
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Cool groove. It makes me want to take out my slide. (which I suck at by the way)

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. i suck at slide too!
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

well, the first one reminds me of Ace Frehley detuned meets alice n chains a little drunk. Meaty riff. The 2nd, it just hit me as a kinda "Rock On" inspired theme. Fun stuff, thanks for sharing it.

Comment

well, i guess i'm a product of my influences! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i do remember eating a fistful of valium on the way to the studio when we recorded that, so that could explain the "loaded" sound. never dug alice in chains too much until the past couple of years, so that's interesting that it has been mentioned a couple of times.

the 2nd song was from more of my gothy/techno/ambient side. i had the drum pattern and she wrote the words, and i added the bass later.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Actually, if you play supertramp slowed & backwards ,that first tune hits it about right. ;-)

Comment

I dunno Sully I think its pretty killer. And the vocals ain't half bad either, it kinda reminds me of "Bad to the Bone". And as a bunch have said, Alice and Chains. Which I consider high praise, cause I loved Alice in Chains. The solo actually strikes me as an inspired choice because the song is already very down and dirty so using that crappy Silvertone actually gave it the perfect tone. I wish I was kicking out stuff this good when I was 18. At that time I was still struggling my way through Metallica covers hehe.

Comment

You dirty, sleazy, LA rocker type, you. Well done.

And why no guitars on the second one? Didn't fit the "mood" of the song? Or you broke up with the chick and just said, "ah, fuck it."???

Comment

charvelguy, that's hilarious. but FALSE!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thanks chris, i appreciate it!

as far as the other song, i didn't think it needed guitar, so i left it off and let the 808 drums and the bass work their low-end magic. sounds really cool in the car, even if the vocals are a bit pitchy from time to time.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                          X