sully, circa 1990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sully, circa 1990

the poison thread in the artists and their gear folder got me digging thru some old stuff, and well, here's what i was doing in 1990. yeah, the solos have some overbent notes, and it's not what anyone would call firey or chop-laden, but i wasn't goin for that. in fact, the solo was recorded with a 1960s silvertone guitar that i coulda sworn had the original strings on it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they were dirty as hell, but i like it nonetheless.

i don't expect anyone to dig this, but here it is anyway. i did all guitars, bass, and vocals. the theme of the song is much like janie's got a gun; so it's definitely uplifting! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

damned & burned

please feel free to follow the "if you can't say anything nice" rule! hell, i was 18. i still like it, though.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: sully, circa 1990

Sully...you got nads!
    Seriously, I like it! It's got quite the attitude and swagger to it.
    Obvious defects aside, good effort! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

ah, thanks man! i figured that if there was anyone here who would remotely dig it, it'd be you, sir! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Good one! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I liked the main riff, sounded kinda like alice in chains rhythm with a pinch of pantera/sabbath with Joe Perry playing leads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Scary note - my first 'original' band in the early 90s had a singer/songwriter/rhythm guitarist that sounded a LOT like you... I need to dig up some of those old demos if I can find em.

Pete

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              with Joe Perry playing leads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thanks man! that's one of the nicest things i could ever hear about something i played. i know that joe may not be all that technically, but he's hot shit in my book. i've said it many times; no one is cooler than joe perry.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

it was juicy sullster. we have almost the same taste in music, so you know i liked it.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I liked the main riff, sounded kinda like alice in chains rhythm with a pinch of pantera/sabbath with Joe Perry playing leads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that about sums it up. Pretty cool Sully [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool beans Sully. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i don't expect anyone to dig this

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know why you'd say that. The tune is most excellent. Great vibe.
                      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Sully does sleazy-type slide! Cool stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi Sully
                          something off topic. Where did you find the yankee suck pic?
                          I want one too!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            with Joe Perry playing leads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know that joe may not be all that technically, but he's hot shit in my book. i've said it many times; no one is cooler than joe perry.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Sully,
                            I couldn't agree more.....& this sounds really cool too. Nice work!

Comment

HEY!

Not bad at all...Especially considering the crap of mine I've made you listen to! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You know... the 'Shred King' stuff! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Working...
                              X