Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game Fans: Dante from DMC = coolest character ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    The rest of the Video Game world vs Dante:

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) - this fight might end in a draw. Granted Hayabusa is a spirit more than flesh (as evidenced in the end of the first N.G. on Xbox), but Dante has that whole Devil Trigger/Spirit World connection going.

Alucard (Symphony of the Night) - Despite being Dracula's son, the fact that his name is Dracula spelled backwards is enough to seal his doom against Dante. I mean, you simply cannot out-style Dante with cheese like that, Vampire or not.

The Belmonts (Castlevania - Trevor, Richter, Simon, Alvin, Theodore, whatever) - Not a chance. Granted they've got Holy Power on their side, but frankly, Dante would make mince meat of them and feed them their own whips. Especially Simon's flamey one.

Bayonetta (not yet released) - Remains to be seen what all she's got, but the hair might give Dante trouble.

Cloud Strife (Final Fagasy) - No. Pretty-boys-who-look-more-like-titless-girls will die screaming like the little girls Squaresoft's designers wished they were.

Solid Snake (Metal Gear) - Again, you pit human against Dante, and Dante wins.

Anyone from Street Fighter - All dead. Even Akuma. And that little fag with the bombs. God I hate that guy.

Agent 47 (Hitman) - No contest. 47 might be a great assassin, but he's just a man. A genetically-engineered killing machine, but still a man, thus Dante wins.

Wolverine (X-Men Origins when he still had the Adamantium) - Another tough one, but once Wolverine's vital organs are exposed, he's toast.

Mario (Super Mario Brothers) - Dead. Italian. Plumber.

Link (Legend of Zelda) - Seriously?

Onimusha (Genma Onimusha - Xbox) - Nope. Granted he's got the Hayabusa thing going with the reincarnated spirit, but Dante's got the keys to both worlds.

James Bond - My hero. My dead hero. Would probably end up with his exploding cufflinks in his ears and his own nuts in his mouth. Shaken, not stirred.

Rygar - The yo-yo shield is a neat gimmick, but frankly he'd be both toast AND jam.

Frank West (Dead Rising) - C'mon, a freelance photographer? Granted he did beat Brock, an experienced Marine/Seal/Special Forces commando, as well as 50K+ zombies, AND still got the girl, but unless he's got a super-atomic camera flash that will roast Dante's flesh, ummmm, no. Zombies and Special Forces are stupid and slow, but not Dante.

Sam Fisher (Sphincter Smell) - Aging Special Ops guy in a neoprene suit vs a perpetually-young guy with the Devil's arm? Sorry, Sammy.

The entire Dead Or Alive cast at once - Dead in 5..4..3..2..1

The entire Tekken cast (all 6 games) - Yakuza might prove a problem since he's also got a Devil thing, but really, he'd be distracted by his dad, or Jun, and thus end up split in half.

Whatsisface from Half-Life - No tire tool/pipe-wrench-swinging science geek is gonna get very far against Dante.

Spider-Man - Gotta give Spidey the nod for the reflexes and Spidey-sense to anticipate attacks, but he's just a kid, so he's going down.

SuperMan - SuperMan wins. Period. He's indestructable. Though he is allergic to magic. Hmmmmmm....

Batman (Lego or otherwise) - The Dark Knight goes for The Dirt Nap. Christian Bale has to find a new gig.

50 Cent (Blood On The Sand) - I'd actually love to see this fight, if only to see the punkass bitch "gangsta" get schooled.

Altair (Assassin's Creed) - While he's a sneaky-snake, I really don't think he could take down Dante.

The soldiers from the Call Of Duty series - Only trouble for Dante would be from the ones being controlled by a guy with a controller in his hand. The computer-controlled asshats would just stand around getting shot, letting someone else do all the work.

Lara Croft - If she'd lift her shirt, she might have a chance. While Dante's busy catching wood, she could give him a knee-job, but she'd have to make a speech before she shot him in the head, and then fight with her own conscience over whether she should or not, by which time he would have cut off her head.

Darth Vader - Dark Lord Of The Sith. The Man with the Power of Voodoo. Pfft. It'd be a spectacular battle, but in the end, Dante would win. C'mon, he's the Devil's son AND he beat the Devil AND his own twin brother who got all the Evil Inside! Hell-o!!!??

So there you have it. Irrefutable evidence that Dante is the coolest character ever.
    Awesome post

Didn't mean to have this thread turn into Dante vs Everyone Else... let's just say they all live in different parallel universes But... carry on...

- Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
      Awesome post

Didn't mean to have this thread turn into Dante vs Everyone Else... let's just say they all live in different parallel universes But... carry on...

- Leo.
      Yea, serisouly, I find other peoples perspective interesting, OBVIOUSLY everyone knows my vote is CV. In fact, since the whole thread has been about Dante, I guess it's fair to say he has won. I am too lazy to start another thread, so:
      Who would win and why, Alucard or the Belmonts.

That Should be a story for a later game. Either one of the parties should be "corrupted or brainwashed". And the other parties reasoning should be, they are the only ones who can stop them. Sounds like Fun
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        You can't kill Wolverine, Wolverine vs Dante would be a neverending draw.
        You can kill Wolverine if you can deal him more damage than his regenerative powers can compensate for. Of course you also have to get past the "sudden death berserker rage" bit. It'd be a ton of work, but Dante's got the power to wear down Wolverine to the vital organs.

Besides, as I recall he got cooked by a Sentinel in Days Of Future past.

As for Snake taking down Metal Gear - yes, we've already established that giant walking tanks are slow and have inherent weaknesses that can be exploited, which is what Snake does.

Though the Belmont Whip is a blessed weapon against Evil in general, Dante could, after a lengthy battle, get behind the strike range and deal the whip-snapper some damage. However, the impetus for that fight would be self-defence on Dante's part, as Belmont would attack blindly.
        Furthermore, Dante has constant internal struggles to maintain his humanity. If he is weakened to the point that his Demon-side prevails, he blows up into full-on Devil, and has the world-shaking power thereof.
        Barring Divine Intervention, Belmont goes to Heaven soon after that happens.

Especially 2D Belmont, who can only move forward and back and up and down. Dante would get him in the side-to-side action
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh no you didn't

"We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
          Zakk Wylde

Comment

got to go with duke.....
            with quotes like
            Fire in the hole...Asshole

I'm gonna kick your ass. Bitch!

Your face, your ass... What's the difference?

You're an inspiration for birth control.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum!
            and rescueing strippers . ... .
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Comment

Bill Z Bub FTW!!!!
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                X