Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game Fans: Dante from DMC = coolest character ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Game Fans: Dante from DMC = coolest character ever?

I am not a super hardcore video game fanatic...indeed I haven't played any console / PC games for almost 2 years. But I am generally familiar with most popular video game franchises.

So far, Dante from Devil May Cry is the coolest character ever created for a video game IMO. Several of the Belmonts from the Castlevania franchise comes close... but none of them has the "nonchalant, doesn't give a damn, and has the chops to back it up" kinda attitude that Dante has.

Discuss

(let's limit the comparison to the main protagonist of the game please... feel free to start your own thread re: supporting characters)

- Leo.
    Last edited by Leo Chang; 07-05-2009, 05:17 AM.

Dante doesn't even come close to being as cool as solid snake.
    Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
    Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
    ISP Decimator Pedal
    Sony Wireless Systems
    Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

I'm going to go with Master Chief. Followed closely by Minsc in the Baldurs Gate series.

"THE EYES BOO! GO FOR THE EYES!"

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Dante can suck it.

Twice for that matter..
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

I see all your wimpy characters and raise you:

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              I'm going to go with Master Chief. Followed closely by Minsc in the Baldurs Gate series.

"THE EYES BOO! GO FOR THE EYES!"

greatest ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

It's funny, I was going to suggest Richter Belmont, but no, and he has that same attitude, sort of, he does give a damn, but is unemotional:

Alucard
                http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-...lucard_002.jpg
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Kratos and Master Chief are very badass too, in their own way.

Kratos is the epitome of pure aggression, which I like... but I wouldn't call him "cool" though. Yeah.. semantics... blah blah...

- Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                    It's funny, I was going to suggest Richter Belmont, but no, and he has that same attitude, sort of, he does give a damn, but is unemotional:
                    Richter is probably my favorite Belmont

- Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post

Dante can suck it.
                      I second this statement.

Scorpion wins.

FATALITY!

Oh, Banjo and Kazooie are pretty bad ass too.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Richter Belmont could kick his ass so hard, his dead mother would rise from the dead.
                        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Whip Dart shooting out from palm vs a Vampire Killer whip that evolves...

Vampire Killer whip that evolves wins

Scorpion is a decent character, but never been too fond of Mortal Kombat in general.

- Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post

Scorpion is a decent character, but never been too fond of Mortal Kombat in general.

Blasphemy!

I'm a pretty big MK nut. I only like a few video games and MK is in my top 5 for sure. Mainly the 2D ones though, they really went downhill once they took to the 3D style.
                            Originally posted by horns666
                            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X