What are everyone's occupations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are everyone's occupations?

I was thinking about this at work today (sad, but yes, I think about the Jackson forum at work). I have been around for a little while and know what some of you do or have done, but only a few.

I work as a mechanic at Osram Sylvania. It is a tedious yet stressful job but it pays the bills and allows me to pay for my hobby. I have been there for the past ten years. Recently I managed to acquire a degree in accounting and am currently looking for a job in that field, but unfortunately with the state of the economy.... I am experiencing difficulty in finding one. Let alone one that pays me what I am making now.

Anyhow.... your turn people.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

I'm not trying to be funny here, I am a headache to the general public each and every day. For real.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I'm formerly a music sales rep, most recently, I repair and calibrate equipment in Biotech labs (until I find something where I don't have to travel as much) and every once in awhile I sub as a stunt double for Larry the cable Guy.

Oh yeah, and I also run sound for a couple of local bands.
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I manage a Days Inn motel.

Comment

IT - Customer Support Analyst at my provincial Workers Compensation Board. (Supporting internal staff as well as employers and claimants.)
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Haha... Umm... Let me get back to you in a couple weeks.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Press Operator for Firestone Industrial Products. We make the AirRide suspension systems you see on 18-wheelers, mini vans, SUVs, trains, luxury sedans (older Caddies and Town Cars), etc.

If you ever find one with a ham sandwich inside of it, I put it there

j/k 'bout the sammich, but I thought about it many times

In addition to my regular duties, I do Safety Committee stuff (training and communication, safety audits, forklift training, press operator training, training videos for new hires, etc), and minor mechanical maintenance (equipment changeovers/setups, etc).
              Last edited by Newc; 06-11-2009, 04:59 PM.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Middle Management - Giant International Conglomerate Bank.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Video game designer.

Comment

CFO of 2 Theaters and office building.

Comment

Regional logistics manager for AT&T Southeast.
                      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                        Video game designer.
                        Where?
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Sounds like everyone has way more lucritive jobs than I do. I'm changing mine for the purpose of this thread to: Dean of a prestigious university whose name need not be mentioned.
                          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Oceanographer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) (aka the FEDS) in Silver Spring, MD...no, I do NOT deal with any kind of coastal/oceanic biologic critters. I deal with fun stuff like hurricanes, tsunami's, hazard remediation, marine boundaries, shipping, and other stuff that makes many peoples brains turn to jelly...mine too sometimes...
                            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Business consultant for a large paint distributor, I help body shops with their financials and make sure they're up to date with the latest OSHA, and EPA standards. Was a former auto painter for many years.

Comment

Working...
                              X