No announcement yet.

New Motorcycle Day - Ducati 749

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you guys see the MotoGP race of today??? Rossi is a GOD!!!
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

I know that's a great performing bike but the headlamp setup has always struck me as odd. That'll be a blast to own, I'm happy they went back to the current design though.

I heard the underseat exhaust cooks your ass, let us know if this is true!
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
        I know that's a great performing bike but the headlamp setup has always struck me as odd. That'll be a blast to own, I'm happy they went back to the current design though.

I heard the underseat exhaust cooks your ass, let us know if this is true!
        It took a while for the 749/999 to grow on me. My dad owned a 996 when I was growing up and I was so used to the design when they came out with the new models in 2003 I was shocked. But, like I said, it's grown on me and now it's one of my favorite Ducati models.

And yes: the underseat exhaust gets hot. I've ridden a 749 Dark and that mofo would cook your ass when you're sitting in traffic. But when you're actually riding it like it's supposed to be ridden (aka in the twisties) you don't notice it because your ass is barely in the seat.

Comment

Get you some Moose Header Wrap. It is a ceramic cloth wrap that is stable at temperatures up to 2000 degrees. It insulates the exhaust header and can reduce the external temperature by 50%. Pricing starts at $39.95.

Contact www.mooseracing.com for more details.
          "POOP"

Comment

Hey, I just talked to my dad, and his friend has a Ducati..and the fuggin' seat caught on fire. He also said those are nice bikes (fast too) but could be tempermetal and pricey to work on.

SeeGee adivised the exact same thing..with a ceramic or asbestos wrap. that really helps out big time.

Good luck TTL,

Bill Z
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              Hey, I just talked to my dad, and his friend has a Ducati..and the fuggin' seat caught on fire. He also said those are nice bikes (fast too) but could be tempermetal and pricey to work on.

SeeGee adivised the exact same thing..with a ceramic or asbestos wrap. that really helps out big time.

Good luck TTL,

Bill Z
              I don't believe that. The seat gets warm, but not so hot it'll combust. Even on the old 996, it only reached about 100/105 degrees. On the 749, it'll get a little hotter than that but not by much. The fact that most Ducati's have gel seats covered in Italian leather makes me very skeptical to one of their seats catching on fire. In all honesty, it doesn't get hot enough to be unbearable...it just gets warm. Whenever I had a passenger on the 996, she would never even notice. It's just a nitpicking complaint given you can't really bitch about anything else except the price tag and maintainence costs. Oh, and the gas mileage blows on the 749.

Comment

It did, my daddy don't lie! I don't know what kind of seat he had on it, and he was a ginormous fatfuck..

I had a brand new Ampeg VL 100 catch on fire. The stupid asses tucked the excess tolex into the chasis instead of trimming it..that was fucked up. Hey, goofy shit happens..

One time my brother had brakes done on his '79 Vette. I don't know WTF happened, but the rear brakes got so hot..the damn thing went up like torch...Mmmm bop!

Oh, I had a plugged up catalytic converter on my '79 olds Holiday 88. Some guy honked and told me my shit was on fire. The whole exhaust systen was glowing red hot..that was fucked up. Hey, goofy shit happens..it's a beautiful thing.

My one bud installed a stereo in his cherry '68 cutlass..went up like a torch!!

Goofy shit happens...
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I once had a POOP that burned like a son of a bitch!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                  X