New Motorcycle Day - Ducati 749

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motorcycle Day - Ducati 749

I was scoping around eBay motors to pass time...bored off my ass, I started looking at Ducati's. I saw a bunch of 749's for sale...all around $10k and most were the Dark model. (which is a POS) I found this 749 for just under $8k...started writing to the owner, made an offer, and he accepted. The bike is being picked up by my dad (who is the head mechanic and assistant manager of a motorcycle shop in Savannah) and will be taken care of until I return home in early 2010.

Here's the link to the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...2:317|240:1318

I'll post more pics once she's in Savannah.
    -David

Congrats bud- It's beautiful.

Comment

Grats man. Ducks rule. Why did the guy replace the original motor?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sweet! Good luck with it.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice!
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Grats man. Ducks rule. Why did the guy replace the original motor?
            He was going to build it into a track motor. I'm either going to do that or sell it. lol

Comment

That is so sweet....

I've been thinking on buying a bike myself. Anyone have first hand experience with a HD V-Rod Muscle??
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Looks nice! Don't kill yourself!
                Scott

Comment

I love Ducatis but I was told that they are high maintenance and that parts are extremely expensive.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                    I love Ducatis but I was told that they are high maintenance and that parts are extremely expensive.
                    yes, yes, and yes.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      I'm not a biker at all (well, I am a mountain biker) - but some of my friends are crotch rocket guys - and one guy got rid of a Ducati (Monster??? not sure) because he said it was just "too much bike." As in dangerously so.

Anyway, never rode a bike a day in my life so what the hell do I know?
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Most Ducati's are pretty much their World Superbike/MotoGP tech in a street legal platform. The 749 isn't retarded fast like the Japanese literbikes, but it'll still haul. And a 750cc V-twin that barely weighs 430 lbs wet...that's fucking nimble.

Thanks for the compliments, bros. Ducati bikes are rolling art. Can't wait to ride her.

Comment

Beautiful bike bro. Keep the rubber side down.

Comment

I own the Night Rod Special, which is the exact same bike with different body parts on it. I love mine, have had it for 3 years and it stands out everywhere I bring it. The only problem I've had is the fuel gauge is very unreliable, but all V Rods have this problem. I just watch my tripometer and when it hits 100 miles, I fill up.

Sweet Duke BTW!

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                            That is so sweet....

I've been thinking on buying a bike myself. Anyone have first hand experience with a HD V-Rod Muscle??
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Bros,
                              Change of topic compared to what's been happening lately. Here are some pics of my new Ducati 749. (these computers are being gay and won't let me upload all of them...but here are some I received in an e-mail)

-David

Comment

Working...
                              X