No announcement yet.

Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not that the terminal is 8 hours away, it just takes taht long for them to get to you what with all their other deliveries. Whenever mine say "out for delivery", the time is 6AM. They get to me about 12 hours later because I'm so close to the starting point/Customer Counter (which is where the actual trucks are, not the UPS Store). The terminal is only about 10 miles from me.

F'edEx gets to me about 10AM-Noon, but they're further away than the UPS place.

As I understand it, they start at the outer edge of their delivery route and work their way back to the shop. Those closest to the shop get their stuff later in the day.

That's also how we did it when I used to work for the Vietnam Veterans Foundation (a non-profit like Goodwill).

Speaking of F'edEx, I got a neck off Ebay last week which was shipped by FE and had signature required.

I worked last weekend so when Friday comes I find a note on my door saying they came by at 11:30AM - I was snoozin.

So they came by Saturday at 2:30PM - I was snoozin.

I stayed up all day Monday when I got home from work, and they never came.
    Stayed up til about 10:30AM Tuesday but finally had to go to bed, but I left a note on the door saying to knock on the window to the right of the door, and that I was a Day Sleeper.

At 11:30AM (an hour into my snooze) I'm awakened by banging on my window. The neck finally got here.

It's just a hair too big for the body :ROTF:
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      I'm kinda pissed at my situation with UPS at the moment as well - My new custom shop arrived on Tuesday, so being all excited, I paid for 24 hour delivery. Now the item is aparently being held by Canadian customs, so unless things change, it's gonna take 5 days to get here. I appreciate that customs inspections are outside UPS's control, but this happened with my last shipment as well...
      Yeah, they should know the weed is going in the other direction, only guitars and guns come this way.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, Im pissed at ups right now too. They busted my charvel amp. I had to glue half of it back together. You could see the big crunch in the corner of the box. Not worth returning or anything as it was fairly cheap. Went back together easily enough but now it cuts out after about 15 minutes of use. Why do they break everything big and or heavy?

Comment

Because it's heavy

It might be worth your while to advise sellers to wrap some packing tape around the middle of whatever box they're shipping, or at least put a couple of strips on the sides going up and down. Cardboard dust will fill up the tiny cracks in your hands, causing everything to be slippery. The tape will provide a grippy surface so the carrier/driver doesn't drop the box as easily.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the guitar I just got had a nice hole in the side so the guy could carry it easily. I don't how it got there but it was nice to use carrying it to the car from the ups pickup office.

Comment

UPS damaged my last purchase. Fortunately, they acknowledge their responsibility. I'm still fighting the seller (a company) to replace the guitar with a new one.... Sucks big time.

Comment

Guess who has failed to deliver the guitar to me AGAIN! It's almost a week since it was supposed to be here.
                '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                '13 Gibson M-III
                Taylor 214CE
                Dean 6-string Bass
                Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Working...
                X