Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ups

Who are the morons driving for UPS these days.

They failed to deliver my new Jackson yesterday. Because I live in an apartment in the basement of the house, I thought they had been to the main door and didn't meet anyone. So I put up a note explaining where I live and where they can find my and in case of emergency, my phone-number. But guess what!! The f****** incompetent s***bags didn't manage to deliver today either. So I have to wait THREE more days to get the guitar!!!
    I'm beyond pissed off!! Can't they read!?!?

'08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Call the UPS 1-800 number and ask them to have your local hub call you with directions on how to pick it up Friday evening. You don't have to wait all weekend. If your local hub isn't too far from your address, you can go with photo ID after the driver returns in the evening and get it. I have to do it usually for "signature required" deliveries that I'm not home for.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Here's the fun part. The nearest place I can pick it up is an 8 hour drive from where I live... and I don't have a car.
      '13 Gibson M-III
      Taylor 214CE
      Dean 6-string Bass
      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I'm kinda pissed at my situation with UPS at the moment as well - My new custom shop arrived on Tuesday, so being all excited, I paid for 24 hour delivery. Now the item is aparently being held by Canadian customs, so unless things change, it's gonna take 5 days to get here. I appreciate that customs inspections are outside UPS's control, but this happened with my last shipment as well...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wonderful, isn't it? You're all excited and the f***** doesn't manage to do the delivery. I'm angry as hell!!
          '13 Gibson M-III
          Taylor 214CE
          Dean 6-string Bass
          Morgan Ukulele

Comment

You guys gotta move out of the sticks. My doorman signs for all of my deliveries and I gather them up when I get home. It's quite convenient.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

My wife didn't make it to the door for my guitar yesterday. I went to the hub to get mine. luckily it's only 7 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                Here's the fun part. The nearest place I can pick it up is an 8 hour drive from where I live... and I don't have a car.
                That doesn't make sense. If it took 8 hours to get from there to your house, then the driver wouldn't get to your house until at least 5 PM and then wouldn't make it back to the distro center until after 1AM.

If they left a note, the pickup address should be on it.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  That doesn't make sense. If it took 8 hours to get from there to your house, then the driver wouldn't get to your house until at least 5 PM and then wouldn't make it back to the distro center until after 1AM.

If they left a note, the pickup address should be on it.
                  To be honest, I don't know how the system is, but they said it registered that UPS was here at 14:45 (I was at home and ready to receive the guitar) and at 16:15 I called UPS and they told me they had been there. There was left no note as to where I could pick-up the guitar. I had a note on the door with description to where to find me and a number they could reach me on, but they didn't call either.

Pretty poor service.
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

WTF do you live? :think:
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Suck!
                      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        WTF do you live? :think:
                        The beautiful country Norway. Every other company has managed to make the deliveries to me. Why not UPS?
                        '13 Gibson M-III
                        Taylor 214CE
                        Dean 6-string Bass
                        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I ordered a new computer after I signed up for this board, and I expected everything to be destroyed. I found a note in the mailbox that my mom didn't answer the door, so they'd come back on wednesday. I got so pissed off (because I sold my previous one) until I found out it was tuesday, and they'd come back tomorow... !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                            From what you just said, the UPS driver has to drive 8hrs just to get to his delivery route???

I find that hard to believe. Find out which UPS location the drivers pick up their packages for deliveries. If they have it, you can pick it up at that location after the drivers bring back their deliveries that they didn't actually deliver. Go get it!! If you have to find a UPS truck and follow it at the end of the day LOL.
                            Last edited by bombtek; 04-24-2009, 07:03 PM.
                            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I'm agreeing the hub may be 8 hours away, however there is probably a smaller terminal closer to you.
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                              X