Keep buying crap made in China suckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep buying crap made in China suckers

When will we come to our senses? But don't sweat it, I'm sure they'll never use anything toxic or dangerous in the cheapass musical equipment that they make. I'm sure the musical equipment industry is special and they have much more stringent controls over the materials used than they do on children's toys, baby formula, and stuff you build your house with:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...a_victims.html

Hooray for China! Let's ship more jobs overseas so we can build up their economy! In fact, let's have them build all of our high tech stuff so they can take the lead in technology. And for completeness let's ship the engineering and design jobs there too!

This is all the best thing for America right?

After all, WalMart is stocked to the ceiling with affordable products! Who cares if they break after a year - we'll just dump the old stuff in landfills and buy even more affordable products from WalMart next year!

Plus, we Americans are just going to be retrained and get the new good jobs! I think I'm going to go back to school and learn how to be a greeter! I figure that if I stick with it long enough I could become the greeter department manager. I know, I know, it sounds ambitious but a guy needs to have his dreams.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

I'm shooting for Chief Executive Greeter.

All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%.
    How affordable is that cheap Chinese crap when you have to replace it every year?
    Some day people will come to realize that we can't keep sending our livelihood overseas.
    Let's just hope that it's not too late already.
    -Rick

Comment

Well put, hippietim.

...and I'm quite sad I missed the thread that Newc's comment in your .sig came from.
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

My dad's job went to Juarez and now after 35+ years he is out of work. If this had happened a year or more ago he would have been in better shape but his 401k has taken a good hit over the last 18 months. He can still retire, but he is looking at becoming a greeter himself. The wave of cheap labor is shifting though, at least for tech items. China is becoming more westernized and many electronics companies are looking for the next communist nation that is ready to exploit its people. Vietnam seems to be currently filling this bill.

Comment

Walmart has put alot of small buisness owners outta buisness!
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Asia will be tapped soon enough. Africa is where it's at next.

- Newc

Comment

I love when someone brings in some cheap Made in China electronics to our shop for repair. I like to jack with people, and I can't tell you how many times I've said this..
              "Here is your problem". When they look at me and ask "what"? I show them the Made in China label on the unit.:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

After I get done laughing and they ask me if I can fix it, I tell them i'd like
              to, but since arson is illegal, I can't torch the local Wal Mart.
              Maybe one of them will take it on as a DIY project.......
              The Buzzard does not fear
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone
              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                Walmart has put alot of small buisness owners outta buisness!
                Those fucking small businesses were trying to provide unique goods and services. We can't have that. Next you're going to try and tell me that individuals are important. Sheesh.

Long live WalMart!

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Flametop View Post
                  I love when someone brings in some cheap Made in China electronics to our shop for repair. I like to jack with people, and I can't tell you how many times I've said this..
                  "Here is your problem". When they look at me and ask "what"? I show them the Made in China label on the unit.:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

After I get done laughing and they ask me if I can fix it, I tell them i'd like
                  to, but since arson is illegal, I can't torch the local Wal Mart.
                  Maybe one of them will take it on as a DIY project.......
                  Ok, that's post of the day so far.

- Newc

Comment

Did you see that doc on Walmart? The really are ass wipes,they call the shots and if you can not make it cheap enough fuck you. Made in the U.S.A us to mean something!
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

What's sad (and guilt ridden) is when you're poor and basically "have' to shop there for many things in order to maintain just the necessities. They have a LARGE demographic by the proverbial balls... Evil...

Comment

John - I don't begrudge anyone doing what they've got to do to get by as law abiding citizens.

But a substantial number of things that WalMart sells are from necessities and that really is where the bulk of the problem lies.

- Newc

Comment

Oh, I know you weren't begrudging anyone on that. I myself, still feel cognative disonance from having to do so.

Sad thing is that so many things are NOT even made in the US anymore... So, not buyable really anywhere other than from China sources. Ugh...

Comment

my dad has brought a lot of US made tools and electronics over the years and they aren't really that expensive, pretty much in the same price range as German and Japanese products. Most of my musical gear is American and when I lived in Cali I tried to find cool US made stuff but the variety isn't very big. There's certain areas like Cars, Guitars, Surfboards, local artwork and some other things in which case made in US stuff is available everywhere but you really have to search to get other things. Really hard to find clothing items unless they are expensive designer made. I brought a cool US made Alice Cooper t-shirt, but that was made in the 70's. Oh yeah, I have a lot of 60's 70's and even 80's American stuff at home as it's easier to find.
                            But German stuff for example is a lot easier to find and their small businesses are doing better.
                            I guess it's wether the majority gives a fuck or not.
                            You can't do anything about it when most people just don't care.

We have a problem with different food products because people don't care.
                            In Southern Europe where everyone are nuts about quality food, no supermarket will ever be a threat to local markets and local products. All the supermarkets and McDonalds and shit like that go out of business unless they are in the tourist areas (because tourists are idiots, instead of trying out unique local flavors, they get the crap they can get at home anytime), because the locals don't give a shit about crap quality.
                            All their best local products are kept to their own people, and it's cheap for them, all the crap is sent out. To here for example. We get the leftovers.
                            But what to we do? We send out our best products and keep the crap. So we have our crap and foreign crap. And because the local crap is RIDICULOUSLY expensive (someone thought it's a great idea to have the highest food prices in all of Europe, in a country which isn't very wealthy) then of course many will buy the foreign crap... as do I but only when foreign stuff is better which it often is.
                            Last edited by Endrik; 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I want the most bang for my buck. If that means China gets that buck, so be it. To me buying American/China/Japan/whatever is a crapshoot these days. Especially with electronics. I've had imprtated "cheap" shit outlast American shit many times over.

In fact I like my old import HRR Strat better than my American Floyd Rose Classic strat. There's no comparison IMO. But I had this import phobia at that time and thought it was sub par for that reason. But for what it's worth, all my guitars are made in America.

Funny thing is, I NEVER shop at Walmart. It's just something I never made a habbit doin'. I got my chosen few that I shop at and that's it. So If that's any consolation..then cool.

What isn't made in China..? :think:If you buy and American product, does that mean there isn't any imported parts in that product?

I've been hearing this stuff since I was a kid, and I'm old. So that means all of us really.

I would opt to keep job here by buying Amercian. All my cars are American. I never owned any imports. Does that mean all the parts including my Sony car stereo was made here..?:think:

Tim I know what you mean..it makes sense. But like I said, what isn't made in China/Korea/Japan..other than stuff in the Martha Stewart and Jaclyn Smith collection. BTW Wasn't one of them accused of having their shit made in a sweat shop made my third world toddlers, and the other one tax fruad?
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X