booted from the band/sucker punched a weekend of bad times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluedinky View Post
    im definitely pretty bitter over having to pay for tracks of a band im not even in anymroe.
    hey, just go down and collect the finished product after it 's done, or take the tracks YOU paid for and make them buy them back from you. if you have a receipt of that purchase then they are YOURS. do with them as you please. i'd go to the studio take what i paid for and ransom it to them, or erase everything right under their noses.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Did you write any of the material you recorded and can you prove it?

Is your name going to be listed on the release with performance and/or writing credits?
      -Rick

Comment

Ok,
        Sounds like you owe them for last months rent?
        Seems like they can hold your stuff until you pay that.
        As for the recording? Did you already do the recording? If so, you owe them the cost of the recording time, but, you would have a partial ownership of the tracks. If they want to use them they would have to pay you for the fair-use.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

i wrote two of the 4 songs we recorded that day, so i suppose i very well could use the "intellectual right" card and have the dude who recorded it not release that to them due to it being my materiel.

and to answer the question to the guy above.... the sucker punch was from a bassist from ANOTHER previous band where i left because of personal issues. well over a year ago they didn't like that and still have issues with it.

but the only reason i was booted from THIS project is because i owed them a months rent which i was going to have payed in full thursday. they couldn't wait and held my shit hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedinky View Post
            i wrote two of the 4 songs we recorded that day, so i suppose i very well could use the "intellectual right" card and have the dude who recorded it not release that to them due to it being my materiel.

and to answer the question to the guy above.... the sucker punch was from a bassist from ANOTHER previous band where i left because of personal issues. well over a year ago they didn't like that and still have issues with it.

but the only reason i was booted from THIS project is because i owed them a months rent which i was going to have payed in full thursday. they couldn't wait and held my shit hostage.
            Hey mang no offense intended, but remember we're only hearing one side of the story, and there are ALWAYS 3 versions of the truth. It truly sucks if you did absolutely nothing to deserve any of this, but if that's true, then I'd say you're better off.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              I'll bet there is a whole lot more to the story. You got kicked out of the band and punched for no reason? I find that very hard to believe.

Oh, and the phrase is "all in all".
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Damn, kicked out of the band, blackmailed, sucker punched, AND spellchecked!

Sucks to be you
                OMFG.... :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Epic FAIL....

Comment

Working...
                X