America's 10 most miserable cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with Chicago aside from the weather. It's a beautiful city with above-average public transit, not to mention the great lake view. We visited there last August and had a great time.
    That's the controversey over this list here in Chicago.

From my point of view Chicago is a great city. I'm not miserable. Yeah, I'd like it to be a little warmer, but I think people can say that throughout most of the northern portion of the US.

I think the list is pretty much skewed because Forbes is a New York based magazine. Those New Yorkers can't really get over the fact that Chicago rocks. Here's an example... Prior to the 1893 Columbian Exposition (World's Fair), Chicago and New York were in contention to host the fair. The lobbying for the honor was fierce. This is where Chicago got the nickname "The Windy City". It's not because we have any more wind than anyone else. (though you might be able to argue that after getting your hat blown off in the LaSalle Canyon) A New Yorker was more or less saying that our politicians are full of hot air. (Aren't all politicians? So what's his point?)

So Chicago the #3 most miserable city in the US? FVCK YOU FORBES!!

Sincerely,
    Tekky, the Chicago Dude
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Wherever I am, it's miserable.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i did notice an inordinate amount of bums and panhandlers when i was in chicago. are there no prisons? are there no workhouses?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          Dammit, we (Cleveland) can't even be Number 1 at being the worst...

On a different note, the World Press Photo winner this year was taken in Cleveland.
          He left with the impression that some in the community don't fully grasp their desperate surroundings."

"...and a check for $300,000 for winning the award"

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yay!!!!! St. Loo is #10!!!

A~
            All hail the 'King'
            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

i did notice an inordinate amount of bums and panhandlers when i was in chicago.
              There's one downtown , there's cook county( bad place) and one in joilet. As least 3. and yes lots of panhandlers that make good money at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                i did notice an inordinate amount of bums and panhandlers when i was in chicago. are there no prisons? are there no workhouses?
                Bwahahahaha! Humbug you Scrooge!

I can't believe that Filthadelphia and Slacklanta didn't rate the top ten, especially Slacklanta considering the banking and housing bust had a start there too. Two of the absolute shittiest cities I've ever set foot in.

I think I've been cheated...

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I can't believe that Filthadelphia and Slacklanta didn't rate the top ten, especially Slacklanta considering the banking and housing bust had a start there too. Two of the absolute shittiest cities I've ever set foot in.
                  At last some respect and love for the ATL.

I figure we'll surely make the list next year. We've got 42 more banks in danger of failing, they've shortened the hours for all emergency services closed firestations, etc. .
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Someome is on drugs whoever made up that list. Miami is on the that top 10 list and Cleveland at only #4, yeah right
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

LOL Stockton and Modesto both are on the list.

Both are complete shitholes and places that need to be avoid like the plague.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Someome is on drugs whoever made up that list. Miami is on the that top 10 list and Cleveland at only #4, yeah right
                        Dude, I lived a lifetime in the belly of the beast...and it is foul.

There is nothing sacred or wholesome here.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think the rich F'ers are still mad because the Mayor of Chicago turned their little airport into a nice park. Too bad they have to deal with the shit traffic like the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                          X