• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's 10 most miserable cities

Interesting article!

http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/06/mos...ner=popstories

See if your city is on the list!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Yeahhhh..Cleveland is #4!!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh jeez. What a "privilege" to be named 4th most miserable city.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

sometimes cities with bad weather, high crime, low economy etc. can actually be great due the energy, culture and lively social life.

sometimes beautiful and rich towns with high economy and low crime rates can be utter depressing due the superficial people and lack of socio-cultural environment.

it's all subjective
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeahhhh..Cleveland is #4!!!!
          Ha Ha! we beet you at third in Chicago.
          The suburb I live in minutes from chicago though just got named best place to raise kids in the united states. No wonder kids are so messed up these days.

Comment

Where does fett live?
            "POOP"

Comment

Baghdad?
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Dammit, we (Cleveland) can't even be Number 1 at being the worst...

On a different note, the World Press Photo winner this year was taken in Cleveland.

This award traditionally is given to a picture of a devastated third world country disaster, act of genocide, or some horrible thing like Chinese or Somolian Soldiers executing someone in the public square.

So, it's nice to know our conditions here are worse enough to win an award for it.

"Anthony Suau, who has covered wars across the globe, said the overwhelming number of boarded-up homes in Cleveland, and the resulting human despair, left him shell-shocked. He compared the city to a post-Katrina New Orleans.

Suau, 52, traveled to other large American cities last year to document the nation's failing economy, but "Cleveland ended up being the crux of what it looks like to be out there," he said.

"It gave me an impression of what the crisis really looked like from the inside," he said.

He left with the impression that some in the community don't fully grasp their desperate surroundings."

Yep... That covers it...

Comment

Where does fett live?
                  He's been banned isn't that enough. Where do you live?:idea:J/K

Comment

Alex, what are 10 places where I've never even considered living?
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

In the miserable state of Louisiana. We don't fuck around with "grading" cities, we just grade the whole state! Want to visit?

By the way, enough is enough when I get enough.
                      "POOP"

Comment

By the way, enough is enough when I get enough
                        You can never get enough.

Comment

I don't see what's wrong with Chicago aside from the weather. It's a beautiful city with above-average public transit, not to mention the great lake view. We visited there last August and had a great time.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            I don't see what's wrong with Chicago aside from the weather. It's a beautiful city with above-average public transit, not to mention the great lake view. We visited there last August and had a great time.
                            I lived in Chicago for a few years and while I agree the weather can be depressing, the worst thing and the ONLY reason I wouldn't live there again is simply...

THE TRAFFIC! FUCK Chicagoland traffic!

But the people for the most part are awesome, good natured neighborly people, can't say enough about those I've met and spent time with from Chicago. Certainly not limited to this board, while the one's here are absolutely top notch!
                            Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Something I heard recently:
                              (paraphrase)

"Chicago was settled by New Yorkers who didn't mind the traffic and the crime-it just wasn't cold enough in New York".

Comment

Working...
                              X