Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you listen to to get revved up ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually don't listen to anything. I play stuff like Metallica (really get's me going); Sabbath (the fathers of us all); Ozzy; Priest; even some Rough Cutt...really. Doing this get's me pretty motivated and then I focus on learning new stuff. I love getting back into playing again...
    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      I don't listen to music to get fired up these days. I listen to it to calm down..to chill. Yes, even emperor or slayer..puts me right out!
      It can do both to me. I listen to stuff like Arcturus or Kalmah to calm me down. Some Emperor songs have that effect too.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

For moi, there is no substitute for maria muldaur,
        it's like shooting a speedball for me-lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbRHgQzqWYY
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Slim Whitman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a28EBGEkCs

Tough to top that!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

we are birds of a feather spike
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              "what do you listen to to get revved up ..."

My thoughts..if you knew them..you'd understand.
              Oh man, I can soooooo relate to this.

I can easily make myself happy, angry, moody, get my adrenalin pumping with just thoughts. No drug or alcohol, energy drink induced just my thoughts.
              I create with little effort to no effort at all mental settings (of which I will not tell you) that spark numerous emotions and accomplish the intended.
              I keep it locked down tight too, I protect and preserve the deep.

I use to years ago (20 some plus years ago) do a lot of writing and it got really weird. I thought, if any of it every leaked out they would come and get me and put me in a straight jacket.
              I really should've been an actor. I have the creative mind for it. I could go in and out of character at will.
              Last edited by Soap; 02-16-2009, 04:42 PM.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Eye of the Tiger, of course. Or Manic Monday by The Bangles
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X