No announcement yet.

VH1 Metal Mania rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw one video on there last week for the first time ever, for a song I absolutley fucking loved in the 80s after I saw them open for Def Lep on the Pyromania tour.

It was the worst video ever made in history. I could not believe it and wanted to throw up. I wish I had never seen it.

Krokus - Screaming in the Night
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      Gawd you know things have gotten bad when people are requesting Ricki Rachtman back....
      He's better than Adam Curry
      Last edited by Larz; 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
        I saw one video on there last week for the first time ever, for a song I absolutley fucking loved in the 80s after I saw them open for Def Lep on the Pyromania tour.

It was the worst video ever made in history. I could not believe it and wanted to throw up. I wish I had never seen it.

Krokus - Screaming in the Night
        Ha! I love that song. I actually like the cheesy conan the barbarian costumes in the beginning of the video. But...the ending where he is walking on the table at the diner....I'm still scratching my head over that! They lost me somewhere.

Comment

Prior to Sept 2005, I had cable, and they had some home brew "Wayne's World" metal show (this was on Insight Cable in northern KY). It wasn't half bad - not 80's metal, not new black metal, but something in between that wasn't half bad. The video picture quality wasn't too hot, however.

When we moved into Ohio, I got Direct TV and got hooked on Metal Mania. But as time went on, it stopped being new and the repeats wore it out, so that I don't watch it any more.

Comment

Doesnt sleazeroxx.com have all those videos?
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Eddie Trunk blows-lol
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Count me in the Krokus box. I liked them back in the day.

Rose Tattoo? They're still around?
                Saw them at least twice, opening for three act shows.
                1983!

Comment

Screaming is such a kickass Krokus tune. If they could write strong material like that, what the heck were they doing messing around with those Slade covers? Ya know?

Comment

Screaming was such a bad ass tune for that time period, nice crescendo. I still get into it.

Here is the killer vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybetLiVcQTk

They had some other good ones too, Stayed Awake All Night, Eat the Rich, then the American Woman/Ballroom Blitz stuff sounded good too.
                    Last edited by Larz; 02-06-2009, 09:53 PM.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

I was always into the opening riff for Midnight Maniac. I still play the stupid thing. Also, the guitar in Ballroom Blitz sounded so natural, as if it were live. Great engineering imo.
                      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Working...
                      X