Stupid stuff you used to do as a kid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
    putting concentrated soap in the city fountains. The bubbles are endless.
    Myself and a bunch of friends poured bubble bath over the balcony into a fountain at the mall. A bunch of little kids were gathering around, mall security thought there was deadly chemicals in the water.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

One of my favorites was driving my '79 Vette** - on a golf course. Me, a buddy, and his two cousins were cruising around and he wanted to go to the resort hotel where he worked. There was nothing to do so we decided to drive around the golf course for a while. It is amazing how smooth that grass is. Doing donuts was never easier. The greens were simply fabulous.

But then...

Having circumnavigated the golf course we arrived at a little "water feature" that you had to cross a bridge to get over and on the other side of the bridge was a resort rent-a-cop. I was not exactly street smart at the time but I did have the presence of mind to realize that things would get much worse if the real police showed up. So I got out of the car and asked him to back up so I could drive over and talk to him. He backed up so we could cross and he got out of his car. Well, as the song goes "gimme three steps". I hauled ass out of there - we were scared shitless. We drove out to the middle of nowhere and hid for a few hours. We never got caught.

Apparently it was quite the topic of discussion amongst the hotel staff that weekend

**Chevette that is
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hard to remember most of it... lots of the usual stuff like turfing lawns in our cars, blowing stuff up, etc. One that sticks out was jumping off the roof of a hotel into the pool. There was a place at the beach called the Kona Kai, about 6 storeys, iirc. We were juniors in HS, working at a restaurant down there, and when we'd get off we'd go out looking for trouble, and one of our favorites was get a buzz on, sneak in there & jump in the pool either off the roof or a balcony. It was a little scary clearing the deck, but not too bad, and sometimes they'd chase after us. One of my friends got caught by the cops once, and got charged w/ reckless endangerment or whatever. Pretty sure they were waiting for us because we had done it too many nights in a row. Overall, you had to be pretty dumb or really buzzed to get caught.

The closest call to a real disaster I can remember was when we went 4-wheeling at 1 or 2 AM on some tidal flats in my friend's brand new truck, misjudged the incoming tide on a narrow spot and floated the thing. It was sketchy, with like a 3 or 4 knot current pouring into the inlet and all that was touching bottom was one front tire. Luckily, somebody drove up & towed us out before we lost the truck.

Comment

Working...
        X