Buying a Car With No Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
    All the owner has to do is contact the DMV and ask for another copy of the title. It costs about $50 IIRC.
    These people AREN'T the owners he said. So, the real owner isn't around. He will have to see about getting a BMV search done and when they can't find the guy, he can petition for title. Sorta like what 442 said.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      These people AREN'T the owners he said. So, the real owner isn't around. He will have to see about getting a BMV search done and when they can't find the guy, he can petition for title. Sorta like what 442 said.
      Ah, I missed that post. This car definitely smells stolen now. Was it just sitting in their yard for 15 years? Because without a title, they couldn't register it, and therefore couldn't legally drive it.

I'm sure PA has a procedure for this, but I'd definitely have the current "owners" get the replacement title before I gave them any money.
      Scott

Comment

Yeah, but I did about the same thing with a body I bought. Never transferred it and my boss destroyed the title. Had to find the people and get them to apply for a title. They told me if we or they couldnt find them, since it hadn't been registered in a long time I could apply for the title as abandoned or something.

About the same situation, and I'm sure PA has the same thing.

Comment

I got a title once when I thought I lost mine (in KY at the time). I don't remember having any problems doing it.

Of course I found the title I thought I lost a few days after spending for the duplicate.

Comment

Working...
          X