Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about female-fronted metal bands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gin..those are great mentions..but you forgot Tits Maggee of Touch Myself!!!

I'm a sucker for Christina Scabbia, she's MY type!! But my favorite female "metal" singer, and hers is Anneke of The Gathering. Not really metal these days..they like to experiment alot. My faves of theirs is classics Mandylion and Nightime Birds. They're first two with Anneke.

Oh, check out Benediction...she's got great pipes, ..and stuff!!

I love Angela of Arch Enemy..but that's just "cookie monster" stuff...

Much like Inazone..I was/am into the NWOST (New wave of swedish thrash)..when it was new. But that genre has been raped to death but the emo/screamo core bands for the last several years. Who knew???. So, I too wanna switch gears a bit and work with a female singer like everybody else is doing . I'm also playing my 7 string more often. Maybe me and my broseph can join forces. That would be cool..too bad time and distance is an issue.

Man it is hard to stay ahead of the metal curve. There still isn't a really good Arch Enemy style, or cool female fronted metal band in Cleveland. I've been asked to be a part such a group, but I'm still waiting too hear from that camp..if a camp exists. A band like Therion would rule, but getting two people on the same page is hard enough.

Besisdes there's is countless metal bands from all ovefr the globe trying to cop the Therion style anywhoo...and failing..such as a band like ummm.. oh..The Aerium!!!

BTW..yeah, I've been busy (still am) , but I will return!!!

Bye fuckers!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

Oh, check out Benediction...she's got great pipes, ..and stuff!!

She used to be a ronnie james dio tribute er band person. kick ass band though

Comment

the best band is Rockbitch

http://www.rockbitch.tv/
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

endrick, toejam and I was just talking about this in a pm. have you seen any of the videos? We was talking about the one video "F#$!@#ck up to the wrist" and "devils whore" They are not that well known to the states and I doubt they will ever play here. What country or countries do they play in?

Comment

they don't play at all anymore, I saw 'em many many years a go... fuzzy memories... all I recall that it was fucked up and friggin cool!
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have found someone who has actually seen them play live now. that is one band I'm not sure about being upclose and personal with after seeing the water sports thing. A couple of the tunes were actually catchy but I didn't notice it at first because I was all bug eyed and not paying attention to what I was hearing.

Comment

when there's fisting on the stage... I'm in the front row

Comment

ToeJam!

Comment

You mean pumping their fists in the air to rev up their fans, right?
                    G.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      the best band is Rockbitch

http://www.rockbitch.tv/
                      ..My singer Ty brought a concert over and watched it..wow.

just...ummm..I didn't even play attention to the songs. I heard of people getting arrested for much less graphic shit on stage. Rockbitch is pretty OTT. I never saw GG Allen tho..and I don't think I want to.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I had never heard of GG Allen. I just googled him and he was into the feces thing on stage, so I sure as hell dont want to see this guy if he ever comes back from the dead.

inazone sorry for hijacking your thread bro, I'll bow out now

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          when there's fisting on the stage... I'm in the front row
                          Don't know if fisting onstage is included, but you would probably like Genitorturers. Gen is pretty hot. The music doesn't do much for me, but she fulfills the Rsmacker criteria nicely and I'd go to the show!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

On topic, In This Moment are pretty cool at what they do, the newest CD is supposed to be more melodic and less screaming. If she's got power metal pipes check out Sinergy's Suicide By My Side CD featuring Alexi and Roope of COB. Great guitaring!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                              ToeJam!
                              Fist-fuck is such a catchy tune!! Watching that live clip of those chicks having fun on stage was great, but I doubt they get away with that in most places. :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

check out Poison, Warrant, Guns and Roses...they all got chicks for vocalists
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X