Is Price is right rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dg View Post
    I was just reading about this somewhere else. Apparently there was something fishy going on, and that's why Drew Carrey was acting like that. There are obsessed fans who go there all the time for the tapings, some of whom have memorized lots of the prices of stuff that's on often. They shout prices out to help people, and that's what happened. Carrey & the producers were suspicious. Supposedly they stopped the taping for a long time before finally awarding the prizes, and that's part of why he did it in a monotone.

Believe it or not, there is a Price is Right forum where some of these crazy audience members hang out. The guy taking credit for giving the exact prices is a former contestant named "Ted" who stands in line all night to be on all the time:

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php...a&topic=9640.0

It sucks that someone has to ruin the game. I wouldn't be surprised if "Ted" is banned from the studio.
    Scott

Comment

I don't know about the US version of The Price is Right but the Aus version use to be a a major wankfest! boobs and skin everywhere!
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

If Drew Carrie is on it here, it's moobs then....

Comment

i'll see if i can scrounge up a photo of the aus models to show u :P

best i could find well actually not the biggest if u google "aussie price is right"
          USA Jackson RR1
          Charvel Model 6
          Jackson Performer-2
          Orange Dark Terror
          EVH 5150 LBX
          Hello Senòr

Comment

Immediately better than ours, haha...

Comment

I like Drew, but I think he is still trying a bit too hard to live up to Bob Barker's reputation while mixing in his own humor. Plus he is just a bit of a weird personality, so I can totally understand not being too keen on him, but I've never minded Drew. Not sure I would want to spend a day with him though...

Comment

I'm moving to Australia.
                Scott

Comment

too bad they cancelled the show here tho :P
                  USA Jackson RR1
                  Charvel Model 6
                  Jackson Performer-2
                  Orange Dark Terror
                  EVH 5150 LBX
                  Hello Senòr

Comment

I'm not moving to Australia.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                      Believe it or not, there is a Price is Right forum where some of these crazy audience members hang out. The guy taking credit for giving the exact prices is a former contestant named "Ted" who stands in line all night to be on all the time...
                      After reading that, I immediately feel so much better about myself...

Comment

I love it when Drew makes fun of the products on there. Every episode I have seen it seems like he is winging it too. He seems to have this "How the hell do you play this stupid game" look to him.

Comment

Working...
                        X