Is Price is right rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Price is right rigged?

Ok, I know its lame, but I was watching the price is right today. So at the showcase some guy bids some crazy specific number on his showcase like 27,643. The woman guesses 30,000 or something on hers. So her bid ends up being only 450 short of actual. Ok, sounds like a double showcase winner. But, the guys ends up guessing it exactly at his number and wins both showcases. Drew Carey doesnt even bat an eye. The lady kind of doesnt understand that she didnt win at first. Do you think thats possible or do you think they rigged it for ratings? The odds are staggering.

Sometimes they repeat showcases, so if you watched enough episodes, you'd know the exact price. That's a pretty rare circumstance though.

I'm 99% positive that it wasn't rigged during the Bob Barker days, but I haven't seen enough of the Carey episodes to judge.
    Scott

Comment

meh,

How much do you think the retail value of this stainless steel, hand wired, brass plated, limited edition turnip twaddler is worth ?

If it is rigged then it's a sad day in game show land !
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
        Ok, I know its lame, but I was watching the price is right today. So at the showcase some guy bids some crazy specific number on his showcase like 27,643. The woman guesses 30,000 or something on hers. So her bid ends up being only 450 short of actual. Ok, sounds like a double showcase winner. But, the guys ends up guessing it exactly at his number and wins both showcases. Drew Carey doesnt even bat an eye. The lady kind of doesnt understand that she didnt win at first. Do you think thats possible or do you think they rigged it for ratings? The odds are staggering.
        I've watched Price is Right all 16 years I've been on this Earth, my dad even longer, and have NEVER seen that happen. I don't think it is rigged though. Way too many losers for it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          I've watched Price is Right all 16 years I've been on this Earth, my dad even longer, and have NEVER seen that happen. I don't think it is rigged though. Way too many losers for it to be.
          Yeah, me too, but for much longer than 16 and Ive never seen that either. It was more the way drew carey didnt seem to even bat an eye like he knew it was coming all the time. He even commented sarcastically when the guy put in his bid with such a strange specific number. Just weird. The other lady must have been pissed. Its probably on youtube by now.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            I've watched Price is Right all 16 years I've been on this Earth
            So you've been watching since the moment you were popped out? So something like this didn't happen on your second day of life?
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHdjqsSSa_A
              my all time favorite

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKqFctkKMY
                Here's your episode

Comment

HOW BORED, do you have to be, to watch Price is right? :O

:P
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I was just reading about this somewhere else. Apparently there was something fishy going on, and that's why Drew Carrey was acting like that. There are obsessed fans who go there all the time for the tapings, some of whom have memorized lots of the prices of stuff that's on often. They shout prices out to help people, and that's what happened. Carrey & the producers were suspicious. Supposedly they stopped the taping for a long time before finally awarding the prizes, and that's part of why he did it in a monotone.

Believe it or not, there is a Price is Right forum where some of these crazy audience members hang out. The guy taking credit for giving the exact prices is a former contestant named "Ted" who stands in line all night to be on all the time:

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php...a&topic=9640.0
                    Last edited by dg; 12-16-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I always watched that show when I was little. I watched it recently on a day off after not watching it since before Bob left. Drew is just not good. I don't know how to explain it. Something just doesn't seem right.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                        I always watched that show when I was little. I watched it recently on a day off after not watching it since before Bob left. Drew is just not good. I don't know how to explain it. Something just doesn't seem right.
                        I felt it should have ended with Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                          I felt it should have ended with Bob.
                          I totally agree. I can't see it lasting to long with Drew. At least not as long as it did with Bob.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                            The guy taking credit for giving the exact prices is a former contestant named "Ted" who stands in line all night to be on all the time
                            That's sad.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Drew Carey looks like he would rather be anywhere else but there.

That no talent schmuck should be thrilled that he's on t.v. at all.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X