Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    :ROTF:

Yeah, like it has a good name and those rotters are spoiling it.
    well, you know what i mean

not everyone is a blood drinking, corpse fucking, satan worshipping, demigod wannabe :P
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Jenna does better action movies.
      Jenna isnt too hot right now but the 1st time I saw her was on howard stern "private parts"? does that sound right? OMG she had the hot factor cranked up to 11.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        I'll bet they are a bunch of pussies off stage.

LOL, ummm........lol :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Aaahh Gaahl....I love how his birth name is Kristian, as is Varg's.

So I'm assuming that this thread is about Gorgoroth's latest video? The first post doesn't show a link to anything...maybe I'm just retarded. Any case, I'm confused.
          From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

go back to the very 1st post and click -> "clicky"

Comment

They look like Kiss with mold.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                go back to the very 1st post and click -> "clicky"
                Thanks for that pointer...I'm kinda slow

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                Fucking hell, that's some serious homo-eroticism, makes that film 300 look positively straight. I'm sure they all took the "tradesman's entrance" when they took the left hand path (that's where it leads), after all, God apparently frowns on fudgepacking, they must embrace it.

They just look like a gang of boys who never grew up after getting their first snub from a girl at the tender age of 14. And their music is shit.
                It's funny you should say that because Gaahl is in fact homosexual. I think he's dating a Norwegian fashion designer, actually...look it up if you want to.

Everything I've heard off of Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam has blown me away, Carving a Giant being no exception. The video is a representation of Black Mass Krakow 2004. Closest thing I've ever seen to that live is Watain. They come out covered in blood, skinned heads on pikes, carcasses wrapped around the mic stands...it's intense! www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lROxq7hH1Y I was in the front row at that show...wound up almost getting a concussion when my head collided with a monitor Still have a nice lump because of it. That was a wild night...

Anyway, Gaahl grew up in the middle of nowhere, Norway, went to a school miles away with one schoolmate, apparently his only friend, who committed suicide when he was 18. Most of them have been in and out of prison over the years, I think. And Gaahl once tortured a guy in his living room and forced him to drink his own blood so that it wouldn't get on the carpet. So...he's a bit of a loon, as Davey pointed out.

Black metallers tend to be awesome folks, but also eccentric. I think that goes without saying.

Gorgoroth, Watain, Marduk, Mayhem, Immortal, Dark Funeral, Keep of Kalessin, etc...I love black metal

Comment

I like the video far better than the music.

Comment

Are they supposed to look angry, meen, devilish??? what where they looking to be? because they just look like wannabes. I don't get why people think that they need to do stuff like that... but then I don't get how many BAD movies get made and get sponsers to back them up... anyway drop tunings, cookie monster singing, imposible to understand lyrics? Why don't they continue the legacy of Slayer? they just sound and look like a bad halloween costume!
                    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                    custom made Les Paul
                    VOX Tonelab LE
                    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                    ADA MP1
                    BBE 422A
                    Lexicon MPX-G2
                    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                    Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                      Are they supposed to look angry, meen, devilish??? what where they looking to be? because they just look like wannabes. I don't get why people think that they need to do stuff like that... but then I don't get how many BAD movies get made and get sponsers to back them up... anyway drop tunings, cookie monster singing, imposible to understand lyrics? Why don't they continue the legacy of Slayer? they just sound and look like a bad halloween costume!
                      because it's supposed to be like that

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                        I like the video far better than the music.
                        The video is badass

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                        In my opinion, this kinda music is awesome. It's exciting and entertaining and it makes me feel great. It's got a special spirit and I think it's because it has next to nothing to do with real life. It's like an escape for me. There's no better feeling than headbanging alongside Keep of Kalessin or having blood spattered on you at a Watain show. Everything about it appeals to me in some way or another, from the unintelligible lyrics to the goofy stage names. Some people take it too seriously, but to me, it's all fun.

And drop tunings, cookie monster vocals...I think that sounds more like Cryptopsy or Nile. With black metal, you've got guitars recorded through headset mics and loons who think their blood is frozen shrieking about winterdemons and mountains and frost...and then there's the rest of them. Anyway, I think it's awesome!!

And why do people feel they need to dress up like that? Well...I don't know. It looks badass...and it's a lot of fun.

I'm kinda a sorry excuse for a black metaller. I don't take a lot of it very seriously, but it's the music I love. However, a lot of ideas that black metallers hold close to their hearts, like a strong sense of individuality and freedom, I also cherish, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                          having blood spattered on you at a Watain show.
                          i dont quite agree, but whatever works for you :P

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Nice. Blood orgy!
                            +1, but a NSFW would have been nice.

I'm with the "it's fun if you don't take it seriously" crowd when it comes to black metal.
                            Last edited by Spivonious; 12-09-2008, 12:50 PM.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                              i dont quite agree, but whatever works for you :P
                              Yeah...you're kinda right. Me and a couple of my friends had colds at the time and the smell was stuck in our noses for a long time after that. Plus, there was some asshole who was ripping the trash bags off the monitors and a monitor slid in front of my face. I was headbanging and I hit my head against it and almost got knocked out, which sucked. But they looked so badass!!

Comment

They do put on a great show. but as with everything, you shouldn't take it too seriously

Comment

Working...
                                X