maybe in the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe in the 80's

This may have went over in the 80's with headbangers ball being acceptable but I bet it would not have been socially acceptable in the 70's
    What do you think?
    "clicky"

I think it sucks. Really really bad.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Actually it went over pretty well in the 70s when Alice Cooper did it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Whats the point?
        I'm I supposed to be frightened by their looks or the burning crosses?
        I couldn't uderstand the lyrics so WTF was he singing about?
        That shit might appeal to 14 year olds dosn't do anything for me.
        I could understand Alice's lyrics.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

"All right, I get it, you're evil".

Comment

Nice. Blood orgy!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I dont see what the problem is.

it's black metal. it's supposed to be like that.
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

True. It's not about talent, but rather appearance.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ummm actually, that's pretty tame. There is MUCH more laughable stuff out there by far....

Wonder if they make money doin that.... Hmm....

Comment

Black metal's been around for years, it's not a new thing.

I have a few Gorgoroth albums, they're not bad.

If anyone thinks black metal bands have no talent, give Darkthrone's "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" a few listens. The songwriting is just awesome.
                    Marduk's "Plague Angel" is a good one if you really hate the thin production sound in most black metal.
                    Burzum have some good atmospheric type stuff too.

Sure some/most of it is, lyrically, about silliness, but so is most hair or death metal.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post

Sure some/most of it is, lyrically, about silliness, but so is most hair metal.
                      yeah ,I agree .But at least I can identify with sports cars , fake breasts ,living beyond your means , partying all night.

as opposed to blood orgys and wearing animal pelts !
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I think I saw a boobie, might have been an elbow though. :think:
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I was locked in when I watched it. Seems like they really went the extra effort to be evil. I just remember hearing all the shit about Ozzy being the devil, biting a bats head off and getting rabies. He gave Jimmy Swaggart and the other televangelist the ammo that rock was the music of the devil. Then came Marlyn Manson he got the religious community all fired up. Could you imagine these guys in the 70's though? I just think that it would not have been allowed to happen. Hell there were towns that dancing wasnt allowed in not too long ago.

Edit: I do think that is an EBMM Stingray Bass though... that is a powerful bass guitar!
                          Last edited by phill_up; 12-07-2008, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Gaahl may be evil but Alice is a way better frontman.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                              Gaahl may be evil but Alice is a way better frontman.
                              For the shock factor I think they win though. Could you imagine them at your school?

Comment

Working...
                              X