• Show
Clear All

• Satch sues Coldplay

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28065488/

This should be interesting.

Comparison on the two songs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFw9DKu_I

Comment

I listened to both tunes by themselves and can see Satch's side. But check this one out- Not sure if this guy messed with it a bit, but if he didn't, my gosh, this is blatant. The vocal line follows Satch nearly exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6uWfLKrr-s

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        Comparison on the two songs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFw9DKu_I

That was a note for note fuggin' rip off..only Coldplay sounded MUCH gayer..of course.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

with the two tunes combined, it could have been straight off one of those crappy Santana duets albums!
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            with the two tunes combined, it could have been straight off one of those crappy Santana duets albums!
            Hey..WASSUP GARY!!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I dont think it could be more obvious

Comment

+1
                Cold Play = Really Gay

They should write satch a check and throw his guitar in there to keep the public from puking

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                  +1
                  Cold Play = Really Gay

They should write satch a check and throw his guitar in there to keep the public from puking
                  I wish upon them a morbid demise. like choking to death on chicken McNuggets..dipped in honey mustard sauce for that extra "zip"..

The world would be a MUCH better place without bands such as Coldplay..I think!!!

Comment

I doubt Coldplay copied the song, as I doubt they're Satriani fans.

The progressions are identical and the first three notes of the melody are the same. That's it. I don't think Satch has a case.
                    Scott

Comment

I can see satch's point, but really this kind of thing is silly.

That progression, pattern, tune is the kind of catchy thing that my grandfather would whistle to himself because it is a blatantly soothing and obvious pattern of notes and cadence. The tune is familiar the first time you hear it. I am actually certain there is a folk song or public domain tune that predates satch on this.

But yeah, its the same tune if that's what the lawyers want to say.
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

"But yeah, its the same tune if that's what the lawyers want to say"

That's the point..that's all they have to say. Even Hellen Keller would know this..

Comment

the fact is that everything has been done in music and there's no way we can come up with something new anymore

we need more notes
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Did you see that Gary Moore just got busted for plagiarism?
                            http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081203/music_nm/us_moore_1

http://www.dagbladet.no/2008/12/04/k...agiat/3927873/
                            (Click on the big GM photo to hear the songs)

Comment

What if you take the song and play the chord progressions backwards? would that be legal? Some of the simplest songs can sound bad ass when played backwards
                              "clicky"

Comment

Working...
                              X