• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it worked out!
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      Those older Harley's did not have rev limiters. He easilly could have over revved the engine and caused his own trouble.
      It's pretty hard to miss shift and over rev those V-Twins.

Harley's are notorious for gaskets. I had to replace the uppers on my 1200 sport on both cans twice. Even my 1450 ended up with a leak.

As far as implied "As-is' warrantees. That varies state to state and you need to look up your laws. Some states even with an As-Is a sale would be covered by law for 30 days under the lemon law.
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
        It's pretty hard to miss shift and over rev those V-Twins.
        But not so hard to leave it in 2nd or 3rd and rev the crap out of it at wide open throttle, no?
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
          But not so hard to leave it in 2nd or 3rd and rev the crap out of it at wide open throttle, no?
          Honestly with the headroom that those v-twins have it would really surprise me. You would have to rev it high for more than a second or two. That's a lot of the reason they don't all have tachs ...they don't over rev easily .. I'm not saying it is impossible by an means, but given my experience with my own Harley's I'd have to assume to guy was beating on the bike to blow it like that.

I know the upper gaskets on those can go pretty easily by not warming the bike up enough before taking off. They are notorious for bad gaskets
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
          X