True metal vs trends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arbiter View Post
    I had never heard a Biomechanical song like that before. Their newer stuff sounds way, way different to me.. like a really crappy Strapping Young Lad ripoff.
    Yep, that new singer ruined everything. Their first "The Empire of the worlds" is cool. I'm very disappointed with the second one..I don't listen to it.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Jeff Loomis sucks the dick!

Comment

• ..Oh..you fucker.

why ain't you dicks talkin' 'bout metal?

..my tooth!

one more hour and its gone!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Wyld Stallyns = Most triumphant METAL!

Comment

• Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
            +1.....Slayer fans are by and large the most closed minded metal fans I've encountered....They're not interested in hearing anything else, they just want the same old same old Reign In Blood over, and over, and over, and over....Which is good, cuz that's what Slayer's been putting out since the '80's, and why I can't get into them, ZERO musical growth, just bring out the template and cut some more.....
            I third this motion.

I really hate it how all these trend bands are getting big. It's making a respectable true metal listener like me look bad.

I ask any of the "metalhead" kids(they call themselves that) at my school what they listen to and half of what they say is that "core" crap and the other half isn't even near metal. I asked this one guy what kind of metal he listens to and he said "deathcore, grindcore and thrashcore(huh?)"... That's not metal! That's genres with identity crises.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• Ben - if you haven't already, check out Crystal Eyes.

At least on some of their stuff they have the same vocalist that was on the Lost Horizon albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                Ben - if you haven't already, check out Crystal Eyes.

At least on some of their stuff they have the same vocalist that was on the Lost Horizon albums.
                Actually, I listened to Crystal Eyes before I listened to Lost Horizon. Bill said that if I liked Daniel era CE I would definitely like Lost Horizon and Heed. He was right(as always).
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                  grindcore
                  Napalm Death!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Napalm Death!
                    Yes, I realize grindcore is different than the other "cores". He did seriously say "thrashcore" though...

I seriously just about started laughing.

Edit: Oh, crap! I forgot he mentioned "Happy Hardcore" as a "metal subgenre" he liked. Yes, he was saying "cores" are metal subgenres.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

• I prefer my Core 2 Duo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                        Yes, I realize grindcore is different than the other "cores". He did seriously say "thrashcore" though...

I seriously just about started laughing.

Edit: Oh, crap! I forgot he mentioned "Happy Hardcore" as a "metal subgenre" he liked. Yes, he was saying "cores" are metal subgenres.
                        I have no clue what thrashcore or deathcore is either. :dunno:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                          I prefer my Core 2 Duo
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

• Guys..I 've replied to some amp questions and stuff. The doc said I has a really bad abcsess and gave me some antibiotics and some perkacettes..but I'm still ouut of it. I'll continue this when I'm feeling better. Don't worry..I'll be doing this thread for a while..why not. I think its a good thing to do...I want to get turned onto awesome some new shit too!!

Yeah kids wear Metal shirts because they see their favorite "core" bands wear them..that's all. My son will inherit my metal kingdom..how lucky can someone get. Could you imagine. I just hope he cherishes it like I do. He's not like me when it comes to taking care of his stuff. Man, I'd hate to think he would trash about $50-$60K worth of rare metal. At least I'll be dead..so that's cool. I wish all you guys could be here to have a big listening party..that could go on for weeks non-stop!!It would be fun tho!!

Later man,

Rev. B Fuggums

Hey, some young cutie was hittin' on me at the drug store..my mouth was stuffed with gauze and she wanted to keep fuggin' talkin..she even asked if I'm with anyone..I couldn't even talk and felt like shit..and I was all numb..WTF??!!

She had nice boobies!!
                            Last edited by horns666; 09-24-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• So I'm assuming you didn't get your tooth pulled? That's gotta be pretty crappy.

Edit: Nevermind, you just answered that in your other thread.
                              Last edited by Ben...; 09-24-2008, 06:23 PM.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
                                iron maiden. No trend. Just a 3rd guy playing guitar. Its like a 3rd nut in a 2 nut sack only more itchy and sweaty - - - > irritating.
                                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                                X