This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I missed it

OK, now all political discussion has it's own area? That's cool.

But now only Platinum Members can comment in there? That's cool.

But we (the non-buying public) can still see and read it? Not so cool.

Maybe it could be like the Platinum Lounge? I can see that so I don't care what goes on in there. But being able to read and not post is maddening.

I'm sure I'm in line for a bunch of shit for this one. So be it. Delete as needed.

EDIT: OK, I just noticed that I can "close" that area and not see it from the main page. We'll see how I do with the temptation.

Maybe it's a way to boost membership? Pretty smart if it is. You read something that pisses you off but the only way to respond is to plunk down the 20 bucks and go at it.

Yep, pretty smart indeed.
    Last edited by Bengal; 09-01-2008, 12:57 PM.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    But we (the non-buying public) can still see and read it? Not so cool.
    Having to read your political drivel when it is well known that political discussion is not permitted and warrants a 30 day suspension for the FIRST offense? That's not cool.

You still being able to post here after multiple political posts? I think that's quite generous, don't you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170 View Post
      Having to read your political drivel when it is well known that political discussion is not permitted and warrants a 30 day suspension for the FIRST offense? That's not cool.

You still being able to post here after multiple political posts? I think that's quite generous, don't you agree?
      Nobody here has to read anything. If political discussion is not permitted, wouldn't that be the moderators job to snip that in the bud? That doesn't seem to be happening. Not sure why but political discussions have been going on here for quite some time.

If you chose now to apply that rule, fine by me. I have no problem with that at all. Maybe a brief explaination of what's going on might be nice. Would save posts like this.

As for me still being able to post, I guess that's generous. But I would also think that quite a few others would be looking at a 30 day suspention as well, right? Or is it just me that's bound to this rule that is now going to be enforced?

Comment

I think suspension is too lenient for this, miscreant. It should be changed to double secret probation.

While you're whining about having to pay for posting political things, I'd PAY for the ability to block out any political discussion. I'm here to read about J/C related stuff.
        Last edited by texasfury; 09-01-2008, 02:32 PM.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Hmm, it gets moved to a viewable platinum message board when most people debating it where non-platinum. Coincidence? Also think it's funny they did wait until now to remove it. Kind of funny as I'm sure not paying to bitch at people over politics. Probably just spewing a conspiracy theory though... those are allowed aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
            I think suspension is too lenient for this, miscreant. It should be changed to double secret probation.

While you're whining about having to pay for posting political things, I'd PAY for the ability to block out any political discussion. I'm here to read about J/C related stuff.
            No whining at all. Just making an observation.

Comment

Obviously you have not read the rules of the forum which are meant to save posts like this. Why would we repeat this to you over and over again in the form of an explanation? I am not going to go out of my way to cater to people's lack of mental comprehension. Did I ever say that you were now going to be suspended? No. Should you take this as a hint? Find out if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170 View Post
                Obviously you have not read the rules of the forum which are meant to save posts like this. Why would we repeat this to you over and over again in the form of an explanation? I am not going to go out of my way to cater to people's lack of mental comprehension. Did I ever say that you were now going to be suspended? No. Should you take this as a hint? Find out if you wish.
                But this is a serious question that is not politically per se but in general: why are some controversy topics tolerated, some aren't, some get moved, some get sent to the twilight zone, and others outright locked? I think we're just looking for some kind of consistency. I can understand your decision, but there just isn't consistency it seems.

Comment

Exactly the point in moving it to its own forum. I don't want to have to read this crap here. But if your willing to pay money to say a few words in its own place so i don't have to weed through it in other forums, by all means!

Comment

Jeremy,
                    I'm not looking to get into it with you at all. I'm really not. Maybe I'm coming off wrong.

Yes, we all know that political discussions are not allowed. But my point is that they have been. We all know they have been. We've been doing political discussions around here for a while now without much moderation.

But yes, we know they rules state that it's is frowned upon.

My point was that all the discussion was nixed and now there is a political area to do that kind of talk in. That's great. I think it's a good idea. That way people don't have to see it if they don't want.

I just found it interesting that us non-platinum members could see it and read it but just not post in it. I thought it would be next to the platinum lounge, a place we cannot see.

And I never said you were going to suspend me. And I'm not trying to find out either.

Just making a comment. I get it now that this rule will be strictly enforced. I don't think I've ever started a political thread, I've posted in many but never started one that I can remember. So that won't be a problem for me.

Comment

well said and agreed....
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sometimes they are just over looked, or seen that they will just die on their own. Would it be fair for us to just one day start suspending everyone for doing something we let them get away with? Probably not. Which is why we haven't. However when we do start to enforce the rules because its abuse has gotten out of hand, this isn't something that should or will need explaining. Threads being removed is usually a good sign that that thread should not be there. Now, if this continues, well after it is clear that these things are being enforced, you can count on a suspension.

Comment

That sounds fair to me.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            Yes, we all know that political discussions are not allowed. But my point is that they have been. We all know they have been. We've been doing political discussions around here for a while now without much moderation.

But yes, we know they rules state that it's is frowned upon.
                            Political and religious threads are frowned upon because the threads will get heated, people start to bash each other over facts or opinions, then the threads usually get closed/removed, some sooner than others. It's been like that here for many years.
                            Then people will bitch that it's posted in the Non J/C section and they have freedom of speech and should be able to talk about what they want. While I agree to an extent, it's been proven time and again that people just can't behave very well here when it comes to these topics, so they eventually get removed. Why bother having that shit here?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ToeJoe,
                              I agree. It is really not worth the hassle.

I'm not sure how the Constitution applies to a private post board. I've always thought it doesn't so I never believed in the freedom of speech thing.

But it's cool. Just observing that it's been moved to another area.

Comment

Working...
                              X