No announcement yet.

Hand Gun guys...in here. PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice piece Stuka. Para makes good pistols.

I don't think DAO is an issue as long as that's how you train. What drive me nuts are pistols that can be DAO on the first shot and SA after that. My HK USPs are like that and I sold the one of them. The other is just gathering dust and I don't like to sell guns.

I got bitten by the 1911 bugs a few years ago and now I've got 3 of them, all Springfields. I have a .45 MC Operator, a Loaded 9mm (yes, it's a 1911) and an old beater that I use exclusively with a Ceiner .22LR conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
      I'm no gun expert, but I had always heard that a .45 round dropped like a rock.
      At the ranges most handgun engagements occur at (25 yds or less, usually much less), bullet drop is not an issue.

That's one of the reasons I was leaning towards the .38. Plus, it would only be used for home defense. If I couldn't kill the fucker with 5 or 6 shots, I could always leave one round in the clip for me!
      It's not the number of shots but the placement of shots. Besides, the last thing you want to is start throwing lead around your home. You are responsible for every round you let go down range.

I would strongly urge that you take a pistol class or 2 before you even consider using a firearm for home defense. Please excuse me but I take this stuff seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
        Sure the 45 will drop a guy in 1 shot almost every time
        There is no "magic bullet" that you can fire from a handgun that will "drop a guy almost every time". There are hundreds of cases where someone has been hit by multiple rounds from .45ACP and still kept on coming. It's not the size of the round but rather where you place it.

Besides, more people have been killed by the lil' ol' .22LR than any other round in history.

Comment

Quote:
          That's one of the reasons I was leaning towards the .38. Plus, it would only be used for home defense. If I couldn't kill the fucker with 5 or 6 shots, I could always leave one round in the clip for me!

for home protection , I've got a stoeger model 2000 ,with machined extension tube.It is capable of shouldering 11 2 3\4 shells I'll not be saving one for me !!!!!!!!!!!!
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            It's not the size of the round but rather where you place it.

Head and Heart .
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

SA - I'm pretty sure the M82A1 is on the prohibited list in Canada which means you can't get one. They are very expensive anyways. Unless things have changed in the last couple years I think you can only get a .50 BMG rifle if it is single shot only. I'm not sure where you would safely shoot it though. I think there is one range in all of Alberta that might be certified for something like that.

Comment

We've been talking handgun home defense, but in reality here in my #1 "I hear shit outside" piece. With it's backup USP 45v1. I figure 8 shots of 00 don't do it 12 round of 230 GR Gold dot will.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Forget to add the "Zombie" killer in, shoots less than 1 inch at 100 yards, not to bad for a combat optic.

God bless LaRue!
                  Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I would strongly urge that you take a pistol class or 2 before you even consider using a firearm for home defense. Please excuse me but I take this stuff seriously.
                    It should be taken seriously but at the same time, try to realize that a little humor is being injected into the thread.
                    "POOP"

Comment

It's not the size of the round but rather where you place it.
                      My Girlfriend keeps telling me that :ROTF:

Comment

"if it had a 15 shot clip and a "Floyd," I'd be all over it"
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post

I've been thinking about one of these, the local shop has one but I've never owned a handgun before, shot a million of them, but never owned one, however the other end of the spectrum is this......also would love one of these
                          I have an older Israel made Desert Eagle chambered in .44 magnum. Very nice piece. Shoots great.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

"if ya need more than one shot, you're a pussy"
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              I have an older Israel made Desert Eagle chambered in .44 magnum. Very nice piece. Shoots great.
                              Good Grief Charlie Brown, thats getting into dirty harry territory
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orYZVJL5H50

Comment

Working...
                              X