Hand Gun guys...in here. PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Gun guys...in here. PICS

Well, I was inspired by a previous thread to get another pistol permit. I thought about what I wanted in a hand gun.

Now, my department requires carry weapons to be double action only. Previously, the best choice has been Glock. I own 3 of those. 17, 22 and 27.

I did some research and found just what I was looking for. Since I am a fan of the old 1911's, and I have one of those too, (Colt Gold Cup National Match), I started researching if anyone made DAO 1911 style pistols. Turns out that Para-Ordnance makes very nice DAO 1911 styles. Some with single stack, some with double stack mags. Since I can have them, I opted for the latter.

So, I settled on the Para Ordnance Tac Forty. Problem was, they only made between 250-300 of them. None of the dealers around here had one. More research led me to a dealer in Louisiana who had an unsold one. We made a deal and had it shipped to a dealer in my home state where I picked it up.

Brought it up to the range yesterday and qualified with it. Shoots like a dream. The grip looks large in the pictures, but looks are deceiving. Feels great in the grip, and I do not have huge hands. The LDA trigger is very smooth and once you get used to the way it runs, which took about 20 rounds, it is a blast to shoot.

I put about 500 rounds through it already. Here are a couple pics.

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

You guys scare me.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
      You guys scare me.
      Don't piss on my parade, buddy.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
        Don't piss on my parade, buddy.
        Or what, asshole?

Oh...wait...!

Seriously, I can see why people find guns so alluring - there's something sexy as hell about a nice handgun. I'm just glad we're not allowed to carry them in the UK.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Nice man. Whats with the DOA only?

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
            Nice man. Whats with the DOA only?
            Thanks!

A lot of departments feel that double action only is safer in some way. Mine is one of them.
            Scott

Comment

Where in Louisiana did you find the gun?
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                Where in Louisiana did you find the gun?
                I found it by searching online. He is a dealer in Hammond, La.
                Scott

Comment

nice !!!!!!!!!!
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I would love to own a 1911 A1 in .38 caliber like the one pictured above.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Mark, why .38 and not .45? Just curious. I mean, I prefer .45, but chose the .40 because that is the same ammo we use at the range. Get my drift?
                      Scott

Comment

Cause I'm a pussy!
                        "POOP"

Comment

Scott, for years, I've always been told that a .38 caliber was a good, versatile round. I've only owned one pistol and it was a S&W .38 Military Special. I got rid of it cause it had a "floyd."
                          "POOP"

Comment

nice piece.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              Scott, for years, I've always been told that a .38 caliber was a good, versatile round. I've only owned one pistol and it was a S&W .38 Military Special. I got rid of it cause it had a "floyd."
                              :ROTF: .38 is a good round for target shooting. The rounds are cheap to buy and fun to shoot. If all you are interested in is target shooting, .38 would be fine. There are also .22 target guns that are accurate as all hell ans super cheap to shoot. My advice, get the string thru model.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X