Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorbike test

Passed it this morning

Finished it with 6/15 allowed minor faults and did the set exercises great.

My minors were from signalling to pull out when I didn't need to, had the bike in neutral when I tried to pull away and I was following cars in front a tad too closely.

But I still passed

Lucky! I took my regular car test about a week ago. Your allowed 10 points off. I had 25 points off...yeah!
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Eeeh, when I were a lad my motorbike test consisted of the examiner sending you round the block twice. At some point he would step into the road and you had to do an emergency stop. If you hit him you failed.
      My mate didn't hit him, but locked the wheels up and slid a few feet. Extremely pissed off that he had blown it, he proceeded to show the examiner his high-speed wheelie skills up and down the street, followed by a perfect do-nut in the test centre car park.

Which is where the bewildered examiner told him he was doing fine up until the first wheelie, he hadn't lost control of the emergency stop, he was about to pass. Oh how we laughed.

Now, Dave, don't be a mad cunt like we were and buy some 500cc GP bike (Suzuki RG500 - loony tunes machine) and take it to be ultra-tuned etc. It's not big, and it's not clever. Take to the road with care, the test is just a minor annoyance, it's a real test every day when you are out and about. Take it easy, and congratulations.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

congrats mate , and +1 on what Rsmacker said
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
          it's a real test every day when you are out and about.
          Yup - you pass your test every day by not being killed by some idiot yakking on his cell phone not paying attention to the road. You literally have to drive as if everyone on the road is out to run you over - cause some of them are. Be safe.
          You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
          You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
          --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
          --horns666 - 12/29/08
          I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
          --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            Eeeh, when I were a lad my motorbike test consisted of the examiner sending you round the block twice. At some point he would step into the road and you had to do an emergency stop. If you hit him you failed.
            My mate didn't hit him, but locked the wheels up and slid a few feet. Extremely pissed off that he had blown it, he proceeded to show the examiner his high-speed wheelie skills up and down the street, followed by a perfect do-nut in the test centre car park.

Which is where the bewildered examiner told him he was doing fine up until the first wheelie, he hadn't lost control of the emergency stop, he was about to pass. Oh how we laughed.

Now, Dave, don't be a mad cunt like we were and buy some 500cc GP bike (Suzuki RG500 - loony tunes machine) and take it to be ultra-tuned etc. It's not big, and it's not clever. Take to the road with care, the test is just a minor annoyance, it's a real test every day when you are out and about. Take it easy, and congratulations.

I'm thinking of going for a CRF450X or something of the like... Big bore 4 stroke single for the win!

Speaking of the old test, one of my mates dad's was telling me his friend went to do the test, didn't really know what he was doing.. So when he went round the block for the emergency stop, the examiner help his hand up, and the guy waved and carried on

Comment

I'm a Honda fanatic, but unless you do some extensive and expensive modifications, this bike is not designed for the street/road/lane/whatever you guys call your pig trails.
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

I'm a Honda fanatic, but unless you do some extensive and expensive modifications, this bike is not designed for the street/road/lane/whatever you guys call your pig trails.
                17" wheels and some super sticky tyres will sort that out

Comment

Always remember to watch out for people in cars - they'll do some stupid shit. Everyone I know who's had a serious wreck (pins ,bones ,amputated )has been because of the actions of someone in a car !!

Also I don't recommend drinking and driving !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now congradulations - burn it up !!cruise through the countryside.It's great fun to ride with a good group of guys (not some hotheads -you'll be judged by their actions , as well as your own)
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

Great Bikes but Mark is right. You may look into the Yamaha WR450F... I own one and love it!

Comment

My last one...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...1/DSC00645.jpg

My newest one...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...1/DSC00653.jpg
                      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I'd love to have an SV, but the insurance would just cost too much at my age... And I'd have to get it restricted too.

Comment

Insurance for me, full coverage, was like $20 a month. But then again, I'm old with a clear driving record. It was a real blast to ride.
                          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Both of mine are antiques but they are a blast to ride.

I'm working on trading the black one in for something a little bigger (size not engine) for longer trips.
                            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                              17" wheels and some super sticky tyres will sort that out
                              So, it sounds like you're going for the MotoGP look. Hell, drop the coinage and get a KTM. All kidding aside, unless you have tons of experience, you may not be able to handle a big bore.
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X