No announcement yet.

The Olympic Games 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watchin the womens swimming the other night and they said it was the breast stroke but they were all using their arms. I think the announcers must have been mistaken or something.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

i had the same disapointment about the broad jump! not one chick was getting jumped on!
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I'm with enrik on the watching everything, I even leave the fucking equestrian on! I try to not act gay while it is though, as hard as it is.

And for swimming you have to understand how massive it is over here. It seems even backyard pool comps end up prime-time. We apparently take sport waaaay seriously, look at how many competitors we have from such a small (population) young nation. It's as if everyone swum down here and spawned
        But seriously, loads of government money is spent on sports programs here.I think australian swimming is smart enough nowdays to get there athletes to peak at the games, world records are always dropping, people who make them get stronger faster more efficient etc. That said theres definitely some line blurring with regard to doping happening out there. Us aussies don't need it though!

Comment

The sad thing about that poor weightlifter is that I doubt he will ever be able to lift professionally again. Once you have a dislocation that severe its with you for life.

Almost as bad was the fall in primetime today by that japanese gynamist whose one hand slipped off the ring when he was doing his dismount, came down horribly on his legs but was able to walk away thankfully.

Comment

It's a shame about that weight-lifter, doesn't sound good at all.

This is getting bad, 6 days and no medals for Canada. Even Togo and Kazakhstan are whooping us in the medal count.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I used to think all gymnasts were 12 but then I read that because of all the exercising they do it slows down puberty. Just my two cents...

I think all of the record-breaking going on in swimming is because of the pool. I read that it's extra wide and extra deep so turbulence from other swimmers is minimized. The new suits probably help a little bit, but not the 4-5 seconds that some of these records are getting blasted by.

I wish stupid NBC would show something other than beach volleyball, swimming, and gymnastics. I didn't even know badminton was an olympic sport until I saw it on the website.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                This is getting bad, 6 days and no medals for Canada. Even Togo and Kazakhstan are whooping us in the medal count.
                Just wait until the winter Olympics are held
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                  It's a shame about that weight-lifter, doesn't sound good at all.

Go Borat!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

some notes...

based on a couple of games.. team volleyball women are way hotter than beach volleyball women

women team handball is still pretty brutal... love it!!!

Fabian Cancellara is the best cyclist in the world right now... incredible

I'm glad that Spain's basketball team is winning... the only reason I watch basketball these days

no matter how many golds Phelps wins... in my eyes Ian Thorpe is still the most talented swimmer ever

I saw Maurice Green in Eurosport's Olympic studio... he is actually pretty cool person... humble and chilled out.... which can't be said about his image durning his running days...
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                      Just wait until the winter Olympics are held
                      Yep, that's essentially what all the news and sports people are saying. We've never done very well at the summer Olympics but we do a lot better at the winter Olympics (Go Hockey!).
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        based on a couple of games.. team volleyball women are way hotter than beach volleyball women
                        agreed. Beach volleyball chicks are too thin & are usually so tanned they look like saddle bags.

team volleyball girls are tall and have curves too.

women team handball is still pretty brutal... love it!!!
                        was watching the Russian men's team play last night. I haven't watched handball in years - I forgot how rough it can get. Great stuff!

I saw Maurice Green in Eurosport's Olympic studio... he is actually pretty cool person... humble and chilled out.... which can't be said about his image durning his running days...
                        he was interviewed during the Sydney games on The Dream, a late night Olympic show hosted by a couple of comedians. He seemed pretty cool even back then, when you got him off the track.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Even Togo and Kazakhstan are whooping us in the medal count.
                          Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                            I'm with enrik on the watching everything, I even leave the fucking equestrian on! I try to not act gay while it is though, as hard as it is.
                            You got to be kidding, that's the horniest type of event. There's nothing quite like Felicity and Penelope, the posh chicks, in their tight jodphurs, brandishing whips, making those beasts do their bidding ......... hmmmmmmm, ding fucking dong.

(And they all love a bit of rough to pull their joddies down and pork them in the stables afterwards. I tried applying but they said I had to shovel horse shit first, so fuck that)
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Thats the most british thing I've ever read

and last night they interviewed the guy who designed the new swimming suits they debuted this olympics, it is definitely the reason the records are falling, and all the old swimmers think its cheating.

Word on the team volleyballers!

Comment

People are bitching that our girls lost to chinese underage girls.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the argument. In fact, it makes it look even worse. They got beaten by 12 year olds..but they cheated..ummm sure OK!

It would be like a Guitarmageddon but you had to be 16 to enter..but the kid that won is 10.

Yes, Vinny has been watching the girl gymnastics in the basement..You know he's pullin' pork!
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X