Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress update

Things are looking up:
    I went from healthy to injured June 18, cast june 23, recast (my arm had shrunk so much it was loose) on July 16, out of cast july 30.

When it came off, i couldn't move my hand, close it to a fist, or move my wrist at all. And it hurt like a MOFO.

This morning, after 8 therapy sessions, I can do 65 degrees either palm up or palm down (vs 80 for the uninjured right), and 45 degrees forward or backward (thiink limp wrist or pulling palm back) vs 65/70 on the right wrist.My left hand grip strength is 40 lbs, while the right is 100.

But man - compared to a few weeks ago.. I am getting there. Not happy with where I am at, but am happy with the pace of progress. I can barely give a good squeeze to silly putty right now. Not much pain at all.. some periods of discomfort, and sleeping is still a bitch!

On top of it, I had to rehab the tricep and bicep... it had withered away like I had had a stroke. Elbow joint and tendons were frozen too. Trying to stay positive and measure the progress and positive gains. Trying not to obsess about what I can't do.. just set a goal and work it at a pace approved by the docs and therapist. The cool thing - you get to relearn the instrument.. sort of enlightening in a way
    OK - enough of that crap... everyone have a good holiday weekend!

Me with Mr Timmons at the Matt's Clinic, Day #4 of the cast

Last edited by Wayniac; 08-28-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Couldn't get a custom paint job on that cast? Maybe some hotrod flames?

Hang in there with the physical therapy. You'll do fine.
      "POOP"

Comment

I tried to get them to put a Floyd on it...

Comment

Working...
        X