Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrist injury rant

This side of the hill sucks

I just got back from the doc.. wrist has ruptured sheath, and a tendon issue.

4-6 weeks in a hard cast up to my armpit! Not gonna be a nice summer I guess – no softball, fishing, kayaking, or playing guitar – all which keep me “sane”

Bummer bro. Here's hoping for speedy recovery.

Comment

Your whole arm is in a cast because of your wrist..that truly does suck. That's gonna itch like a sumbitch!!

Beatin' the bishop also keeps me sane..its not THAT arm is it..??!!

Hopefully it'll be closer to 4 weeks than 6!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow, here's to a speedy recovery... of course you can always just succumb to the insanity. It's not that bad.

Comment

That sucks dude! better soon

Comment

Thx guys. Could be much worse overall.
            Bill - nah man - it's "the stranger"! lol. I'm a righty, and it is my fret hand.
            Gonna try some supplements/B complex and vitamin E to see if I can speed up the recovery

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              Your whole arm is in a cast because of your wrist..that truly does suck. That's gonna itch like a sumbitch!!

Beatin' the bishop also keeps me sane..its not THAT arm is it..??!!

Hopefully it'll be closer to 4 weeks than 6!!
              LMAO...

I hope you get better soon, Hang in there.

Comment

Bummer Wayne. Get better soon!
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

You can practise your picking on open strings..

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                    You can practise your picking on open strings..

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
                    +1

Capo at 12 fret to have a comfortable tension on the strings and pick away!
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Exactly. Now's the time to nail that string skipping and economy picking!

I feel for You, injusred my picking wrist last year during a softball game (kids are lovely, right?) - but I did fretting work during all that time so there was no time to lose
                      - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Regular guitar player, but strained my fretting hand during my two year bass guitar phase, after some pretty intense practice sessions. Had to lay off all gutiar and bass playing for 3 weeks, with my left wrist in a brace.

Sucks, but what can you do.

Sorry to hear about the cast; that's a drag. Hope its not too big of an inconvenience.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Good news on the MRI.. only the sheath around the tendon, not the tendon itself. Bad news.. I'm showing symptoms in my right hand.
                          Looks like full recovery (4 more weeks in a cast and who knows how long for therapy)
                          Man - add this on top of the health scare Mom had a few wereks ago, and my girlfriends Dads cancer, my sis' operation - fu**ing helluva year so far!
                          Gonna go have a few cold ones... Happy 4th all!

Comment

Damn dude..... Hope things start looking up for you soon.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I broke both my wrists at the same time and had casts up to my armpits for 4 weeks after 2 weeks of operations.. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X