DragonForce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh, every sound has tone, even electronic shit

All I said was that DF has better tone than electronic music.

You won't ever hear a DJ make something like this on his fucking iBook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bt3J2qbv9I

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
      yeah, I know

I guess that is why you guys seem to be speaking in Swahili to me
      Well, judging by the intense reaction in this thread, I'd say you are not missing much.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
        and I hate DJ's and electronic music. It's SOOOO monotonous I can't stand it for more than ~10-15 minutes.

Wow, I am starting to lose all 'musical' respect I might have once had for you.

Dissing on Meshuggah, but praising Dragonforce.
        Completely labelling and writing off an entire genre of music (electronic) on some ridiculous opinion you find to be based on truthful verification.

This thread is getting better and better. :ROTF::ROTF:
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          Dragonforce is a fucking JOKE. They SUCK, in composing (and I use that term very loosely), playing and basically EVERYTHING. Fuck them.

Machine Head destroys everyone on that bill.
          Alright, let's hear you make something better. Clearly if they're such failures at everything, then you can write and play something better without even trying.

We'll be waiting here in anticipation of GoR's greater-than-DragonForce tune.

Comment

I like the Propellerheads. "History Repeating" fuckin' owns. So does Shirley Bassey.

There's one for you old dudes like Absolut Charvel!
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

The only reason to make electronic music is if you can't play an instrument yourself or find anyone interested in playing your compositions for you.

If that's the case, your compositions probably suck.

My post on Meshuggah would read:

Meshuggah is a fucking JOKE. They SUCK, in composing (and I use that term very loosely), playing and basically EVERYTHING. Fuck them.

Comment

Alright, let's hear you make something better. Clearly if they're such failures at everything, then you can write and play something better without even trying.

We'll be waiting here in anticipation of GoR's greater-than-DragonForce tune.

I'll go record me taking a dump on top of some tinfoil. That'll sound better than DF ever has.

Comment

DF is the best example of everything that's wrong with rock music.... utter cheesy songwriting... the stupidest bass and drum playing... cliche guitar harmonies... sound that is so artificial and unnatural... oh yeah btw. there's electronic bands that have way way better TONE than DF... Massive Attack for example has drums that sound like drums and guitars that sound actually... umm... like guitars.... can't say that about dragonforce
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The only reason to make electronic music is if you can't play an instrument yourself or find anyone interested in playing your compositions for you.
                    WHAT????!!!!

You obviously have no idea, what kind of musical knowledge and talent it takes to be a succesful producer in electronic music.

Comment

This thread needs a little of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0pDGbA-r1UA

Comment

I'm guessing it's all the people that think METAL = bbr00000taalllz

God forbid there be melodies and harmonies in metal

Do you guys think bands like Sonata Arctica, Twilightning, Stratovarius, Helloween, Gamma Ray, etc. are also not REAL METAL?
                        I'll listen to anything if it pushes the right buttons. Tori Amos, Vivaldi, Journey, Megadeth...you get the point.

Funny you should list off those bands. I'm not a power metal fan per se, but I like every single one of them to some degree. Dragonfarce is not in the same league.

DF is basically doing Helloween but faster.
                        If you really believe that, I think you need to go back and listen more closely.
                        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post

Rave is happy music - another very very very ridiculous statement
                          It's called "Happy Hardcore" for a fucking reason, you clown.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                            It's called "Happy Hardcore" for a fucking reason, you clown.
                            "Rave" encompasses more than 'happy hardcore', A LOT more. This is pretty much the same as some ignorant clown saying "metal sucks, it all sounds the same", after having heard Necrophagist, Metallica, Dream Theater and Iron Maiden.

The apparent "rifts' between generations on this board is becoming apparent. The age of the dinosaurs is coming to an end, so to speak. I, for one, am glad there are bands that are pushing the boundaries of music and art as we currently know it.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                              WHAT????!!!!

You obviously have no idea, what kind of musical knowledge and talent it takes to be a succesful producer in electronic music.
                              I never said it doesn't take knowledge or talent.

I think that knowledge and talent would all be put to better use on real instruments.

Some electronic music is good or even very good, but it would all be better with real instruments.

It's the same thing with A Cappella. The best stuff sounds almost as good as real instruments. Almost.

Comment

Peter Gabriel has done awfully a lot of programming... genius songwriter and musician

John Sykes did a lot of programming for his last album... amazing musician and songwriter

Jeff Beck has done many albums based on electronic music... one of the greatest guitarists ever

NIN doesn't have a single album without electronic music elements... amazing songwriting

JoJo Mayer basically only does electronic music these days... hottest drummer in the world right now

Marcus Miller has done a lot of programming for his last albums... one of the most amazing bassist ever

I can go on... but what's the point
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X