DragonForce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonForce

Why are they touring with a bunch of shit bands that sound nothing like them?

http://mayhemfest.com/bands.html

I want to see them but there's no way I'm paying for and sitting through all of those other bands to see them play 30 minutes at 7 PM...

That is why you hang out in the parking lot drinking beers until 6:45pm.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Black Tide and Mastodon aren't bad, but yeah I really don't understand how Dragonforce fits into that mix. Shouldn't they be touring with some other neoclassical/speed metal band?
      Scott

Comment

I would agree that they really dont fit in there too well... but I wouldnt call all the other bands shit by a long shot, though I cant stand Slipknot. Trust me, go to the show... seeing Dragonforce will be worth every penny, they are fucking amazing live!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I've seen DF 3 times. If they had a new album out, I would go.

I like to actually watch the show though instead of moshing, probably won't fly with that crowd.

ZOMG thatz sOO br00talz11!!

Comment

Yeah Im the same way, I dont mind getting pushed around here and there but crowdsurfer after crowd surver gets old REAL quick.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I think Machine Head pretty much kicks the shit out of all those bands.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Eh the point is that DF is nothing like the rest of the bands. They keep getting lumped in with screaming growling BR00000TALLL! fuckers and I'm getting tired of it.

Last time I saw DF they played with GAMMA RAY which was great and actually makes sense.

Comment

Well, what other bands could they tour with? Dream Theater? There are not too many bands playing that type of music yet. Trivium maybe. But they can't headline. Rush maybe, but I can't see Rush taking them out.

I see what you are saying but there are not a ton of bands that can headline the States that they could tour with. This will give them a ton of exposure.

Course those fans will probably just throw batteries at them.

I saw them in Europe and I have one of their CD's. I try to get into them but just can't. I remember liking that kind of music for about 6 months in the late 80's when Helloweens "Keeper Of The Seven Keys pt. 2" came out. Now it's just kind of boring and slightly comical.

But that's me. My taste sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    But that's me. My taste sucks.
                    That's because you are old:ROTF:
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                      That's because you are old:ROTF:
                      hehehehehehe.

You're older!

Comment

Honestly they would fit in better as the opener for Judas Priest / Heaven and Hell. Currently Testament is there. Testament would fit in better with this MAYHEM stuff.

If I had to pick from new bands, I guess I would say they should play with Avenged Sevenfold.

Comment

Judas Priest would be a cool fit.

I know Avenged can headline but not the size of places this should be at. With Disturbed's new album blowing up (YUCK) this tour should do well.

Slipknot? Well, they're Slipknot. Not quite sure what to expect from them. But you can expect solos, so that's good.

I think this is a decent bill. I'd like to see Airbourne and Black Tide. Machine Head kicks ass but they have been touring for "The Blackening" for like 10 years now. The others I'm not too fimiliar with.

Comment

I figured it out! No euro-power metal bands ever tour the US, so Dragonforce has no one to tour with over here. They'd be perfect fit for Stratovarius, Rhapsody, or Helloween.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                              I figured it out! No euro-power metal bands ever tour the US, so Dragonforce has no one to tour with over here. They'd be perfect fit for Stratovarius, Rhapsody, or Helloween.
                              Well, if they do tour the US they are playing places like Bob's Bait & Tackle.

Comment

Working...
                              X