No announcement yet.

Mrs Tekky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off - thank you all. The outpouring of support and good thoughs has made such a huge impact through all of this. Having everyone around and offering that shoulder has been so uplifting.

Court went better than I originally expected. I got up there and told things like they were. I refused to let them shake me. It was difficult to sit up there in a room full of strangers, every eye on me and tell those kinds of details. But it was something I had to do for me. If it helps them make a conviction, it's all that much better.

I was on the stand for about an hour and a half. I told my story. I walked in with my head held high, and I walked out with my head just as high. As soon as I walked out of the courtroom, I busted into tears. And then it was like a weight was lifted. The tide flowed back out and I was calm.

They expect the trial to last probably 3 more weeks. No matter the outcome I will always know I did what I could to keep him off the streets.

Comment

God Bless.

Comment

Mrs. Tekky or anyone...

Being that I am not a LONG term member. I have no idea what is going on. I have caught bits and peices of something about a really bad cop. Can someone post a link of what is going on here and some background? Regardless of what it is, it is difficult to stand up in court and do what you did. Whatever the guy did, I hope he gets what is coming to him.

Best to you and your family.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
          Mrs. Tekky or anyone...

Being that I am not a LONG term member. I have no idea what is going on. I have caught bits and peices of something about a really bad cop. Can someone post a link of what is going on here and some background? Regardless of what it is, it is difficult to stand up in court and do what you did. Whatever the guy did, I hope he gets what is coming to him.

Best to you and your family.

-Nate
          Cliff notes version:
          In April of 2003, Kristi was attacked in her home in Bloomington, IL.

About a year a half ago, if not two years ago, Bloomington police arrested one of their own and charged him for stalking. Further investigations linked him not only to Kristi's attack, but to 3 others.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Do they have DNA evidence or is it just victims testimony?

Comment

From what I understand no DNA was obtained. However, there are more things than DNA that places a criminal at the scene of the crime.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

For those of you interested in seeing the lastest info, the local Bloominton, IL paper has a section on their website. They are doing at least daily updates on court days (Monday through Thursday).

http://www.pantagraph/pelo

And as for what evidence - I honestly don't know what they have on him. They made a conscious decision not to tell the victims everything so there wouldn't be claims of tampering with our testimonies. I have heard that there are around 12,000 pages of documentation related to the case.
                Last edited by Mrs Tekky; 05-29-2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                  From what I understand no DNA was obtained. However, there are more things than DNA that places a criminal at the scene of the crime.

True but DNA nails the coffin shut im my mind. General population all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                    True but DNA nails the coffin shut im my mind. General population all the way.
                    No offense, but thank God you're not on the jury.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't know if there is DNA, but the attacker did take some extreme steps to try to make sure there would be none - like wearing gloves and having all of us shower or bathe after the assaults. But until all the evidence is presented, we really don't know what they do have.

Comment

If I came off as a jerk, I'm sorry. This is an emotional topic for both of us.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Wow, good for you Tekky's. Certainly not an easy ordeal to go through!!
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post
                            For those of you interested in seeing the lastest info, the local Bloominton, IL paper has a section on their website. They are doing at least daily updates on court days (Monday through Thursday).

http://www.pantagraph.com/pelo

And as for what evidence - I honestly don't know what they have on him. They made a conscious decision not to tell the victims everything so there wouldn't be claims of tampering with our testimonies. I have heard that there are around 12,000 pages of documentation related to the case.
                            How cow! I had no idea. After reading what you went through, you strength and courage is awe inspiring. God bless you and your family to ease your pain and help you move on.

Throwing more good mojo your way!!

EDIT: The link didn't work, so here's the fix.

http://www.pantagraph.com/pelo
                            Last edited by stevoc; 05-29-2008, 05:57 PM.
                            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Glad you got through it and hope this asshole gets what's coming to him...Over and over again!!
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                                If I came off as a jerk, I'm sorry. This is an emotional topic for both of us.
                                No worrys there.. I could only imagine. Todd, I know your taking of care of biz and yourselves the best you possibly can. That's all that matters. The 90 minutes of tesimony is finally over after years of thinking about this. Stay strong and keep your fingers crossed. Whether you care or not..I'm hoping the very best for you guys.

I know what it means to truly love, respect, protect and support your wife unconditionally!

Respect,

Bill Z
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X