Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chappaquiddick?

Ted Kennedy has a brain tumor.

Anyone remember Mary Jo Kopechne who survived for as long as two hours in the submerged automobile by breathing a pocket of trapped air.

Senator Kennedy spent the nine hours after the accident attempting to cover-up his involvement, while Mary Jo Kopechne was left to die in his submerged automobile.

the State Police Detective-Lieutenant who investigated the accident, said that Senator Kennedy "killed that girl the same as if he put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger."

I find it hard to feel sorry for him.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

I don't mind either.

Comment

I can't agree with you there.

While what was done almost 40 years ago is tragic, he was a young man then and only was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, not vehicular homicide.

What he has done with his life far outweighs the sins in the past. While it's a bad sin, lets not forget that he has worked on both sides of the fence to pass benificial legislation.

I'm not a huge fan of his but I do think he has done some serious good while in office. So I guess you could say I'm sorry for him but only to an extent. We all have to go sometime, he's getting up there. If it wasn't a brain tumor, it would be something else.

Funny though I have yet to hear any pundits bring this issue up, but I'm not watching a ton of national news right now. I'm sure they have on Fox News.

But no one in their right mind can argue that the Kennedy family has not given a lot to this country.
      Last edited by Bengal; 05-21-2008, 03:52 PM.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        I can't agree with you there.

While what was done almost 40 years ago is tragic, he was a young man then and only was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, not vehicular homicide.

What he has done with his life far outweighs the sins in the past. While it's a bad sin, lets not forget that he has worked on both sides of the fence to pass benificial legislation.

I'm not a huge fan of his but I do think he has done some serious good while in office. So I guess you could say I'm sorry for him but only to an extent. We all have to go sometime, he's getting up there. If it wasn't a brain tumor, it would be something else.

Funny though I have yet to hear any pundits bring this issue up, but I'm not watching a ton of national news right now. I'm sure they have on Fox News.

But no one in their right mind can argue that the Kennedy family has not given a lot to this country.
        The Kennedy Family, sure; but that particular Kennedy is and has been worthless for years.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
          The Kennedy Family, sure; but that particular Kennedy is and has been worthless for years.
          Sorry, I disagree.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

While what was done almost 40 years ago is tragic, he was a young man then and only was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, not vehicular homicide
            It has always been hard to convict a Kennedy of the real crimes they were guilty of.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              It has always been hard to convict a Kennedy of the real crimes they were guilty of.
              So true.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Now, obviously I know absolutely fuck all about US politics, and I can't really weigh in on any side, but the other day, when BBC news reported Senator Kennedy had been taken to hospital after "suffering a seizure", the first thing, and I mean the very first thing, that came into my mind (and then burst forth from my lips, much to the astonishment of those working around me who hadn't heard a peep out of me all morning) was the thought :

"That's that evil twat that drowned some bird when he crashed his car, then ran away and hid. Serves the cunt right, that's Karma for you."

Funny the things you know about foreign politics isn't it?

If he was a British politician, comedians would be taking the piss out of him every time he opened his mouth. They'd be doing impressions with fish wriggling about in his lapel pocket, the works. He would NOT be allowed to forget it, he would be primarily associated with that incident, no matter how long ago it was. In fact, thinking about it, he'd have been hounded out of the job years ago.

Our lot are total cunts, no doubt about it, but not quite as cunty as that bloke!!!
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

ted kennedy is a douche.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Let's raise our glasses to the douche slush bag!!!!

I like to hear what has he done significant enough to mend the homicide he "commited".

Gave organs to dying people?
                    Personally delivered and fed thousands, if not millions, of dying african children?
                    Came up with a cure for cancer? MS? alzheimers? Lupus? cystic fibrosis?
                    Personally rescued 50 coal miners from a sure death?

Please tell me what he's done for me to forgive him for letting his "drinking companion" die.

oh!! I got it he is fighitng tooth and nail to fix FMIC's cluster fuck at Jackson/Charvel and he is bringing back 80s pricing to the Custom Shop....
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

If they didn't crash and she didn't die, we'd probably be talking about former President Kennedy's brain tumor.

Comment

Or maybe yet another "former President Kennedy's brains painting the back of a limo".
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                          If they didn't crash and she didn't die, we'd probably be talking about former President Kennedy's brain tumor.
                          Or if he'd defected to the Republican party at some point, there wouldn't be this joy over his illness. Nobody was so gleeful over Reagan's slow and miserable decay from Alzheimer's, and that man was personally responsible for ruining a lot of people's lives.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

"Up to two hours" means MAYBE she lived that long. He did jump back in and try to find her, then got help who also tried to find her. No doubt he should have called the police right away, but whether that would have saved her is unknown, despite a state tropper giving his opinion.

Whether it's karma, given that he did try to cover up his role in the accident, is another question. I guess they've probably done a timeline but I'd still think that whether the police could have mounted a successful rescue operation in time is an open question. If you believe that his family got him off on a homicide rap, you can believe that but homicide charges were not filed.

You'd have to say that the girl's family was bought off pretty cheaply if they thought he may have killed her. I wouldn't take a payoff and prevent exhumation of my daughter's body to protect her killer, but if I really felt it was an accident I probably would.

It would be interesting to do a DNA test comparing Mary Jo's fetus to that brain biopsy though....
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Geez I don't know about you guys. To wish any human being to suffer is pathetic. I don't dispute that he should have been held accountable for Chappaquidick but c'mon. What about his wife, children, sisters, and the rest of family and friends. You forget that when someonegoes through a terminal ilness all the people around them that suffer through it with them ...

My sister in laws husband has been dealing with a similar tumor and my heart breaks to think at anytime it could take him and his young daughters lose their dad ...

have some compassion ...
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                              X