No announcement yet.

Parrots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gruesomes gave me a Piranahkeet. Half parakeet , half Piranah..so they bite.

BTW..The were The Flinstones creepy neighbors.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

African Greys can also mimic sounds perfectly. I once heard a bunch of sirens and went to the window to see what the comotion was, but it was just Perky playing tricks. Also did it with the phone as well............

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
        African Greys can also mimic sounds perfectly. I once heard a bunch of sirens and went to the window to see what the comotion was, but it was just Perky playing tricks. Also did it with the phone as well............
        Yes, in fact when mine was pretty young the first things he did was to mimmick the microwave going off, the phone ringing, house alarm being activated/deactivated, etc... And it is done so well that if you don't see the bird doing it you think its the actual object! Same thing with people's voices. I was on the phone with my sister once and Ozzy was standing on my shoulder and started to say hello and talk in my dad's voice. My sister said she didn't know dad was standing right there and to put him on the phone Ozzy once played a game with me where he whistled and I tried to immitate him. He made the whistles progressively harder till I couldn't keep up. I said to him you know I can't do that and he just literally laughed at me. They are amazing! I'd say the coolest thing he says is "My name is Bond, James Bond"
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I had a friend who purchased a high dollar parrot and everything was fine until he decided to go on vacation. He had a "sitter" stay at his house to look after the parrot. He left specific instructions on how to care for the bird. However, the damn thing got stressed and proceeded to pluck himself bald. Last I heard, the parrot was still alive and being medicated. Don't know if his feathers grew back, but I would assume they did.
          "POOP"

Comment

"POOP"

Comment

We (wife and me) came close on two different occasions years ago purchasing at the local pet store. Super expensive, over $500. so the desire fizzled out.
              With that said, I'd still love to have one.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

My brother has one and it craps on me every time it gets on my shoulder. It is funny with some of the stuff it says especially when it laughs.

Comment

"POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                    My brother has one and it craps on me every time it gets on my shoulder. It is funny with some of the stuff it says especially when it laughs.
                    Give your brother this link. http://www.petparrots101.com/pooping.asp

"POOP"

Comment

Wow, they live a long time! I don't think I could ever have that much committment to a bird.
                      Scott

Comment

This thread has really sparked my interest in getting a bird. I grew up with cockatiels which where pretty sweet.

Comment

Smart bird.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080521/...parrot_returns
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                            I was going to post that link, but you beat me to it...

The parrot was even smart enough to not say anything to the cops :ROTF:

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.
                            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                            X