Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrots

how much they cost these days? I'm specially interested in Sun Conures
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Depending on the variety or coloration locally(TX) they go for around 350.00 to 550.00. The local pet store that I get feeder rats from sells them. I would love to have one, but the wife hates birds.

Comment

A left testicle maybe?
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

God parrots are SO fucking metal. Dye it black.

Comment

i think i've spent around 500 - 700 for one, but it was a few years back. they're fuckin' hilarious.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow, thats cheap. Last I looked an African Grey was about 2 grand, and well worth that price.......

Comment

The only person on this board who should own a parrot is Child of Norther.

www.myspace.com/alestorm

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

African Greys are pretty rare and by far the most intelligent ones... probably that's why the high price...
                I've heard Blue Macaws are pretty pricey too... huge birds
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

find a local breeder for your purchase... you can see it as a baby and hand feed it... to form a tight bond as it gets older. be prepared for it to be in the family for quite some time, life span on most parrots is over 30 years of age. they are great pets though... i have tiels in my household. they have better personalities, if you get a male they can talk, whistle, and do other things the bigger birds do. my second choice would be parrotlets, they are small in size but very playful birds.
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I have an African Grey myself. His name is appropriately enough, Ozzy He just had a birthday recently and turned 13. I've had him since he was 1 month old. Parrots are awesome! Just be prepared to make a life long commitment when you get one. They get very attached to you and need daily interaction with you. African Grey's are not exactly rare. They are pricey because they are known to be the best talkers and are the smartest. They not only speak but also say it in the voice of the person they learned it from! Their intelligence level is at approximately that of a 5 year old child. So figure on having a 5 year old child with you for the rest of its life.
                    Sun Conures are considerably cheaper but I'm sure just as enjoyable for their owners. I'm not up on their prices though. For the larger Parrots (Amazons, African Greys, Macaws) you pay more for younger birds. Not sure if thats a factor for Sun Conures.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by airjamie View Post
                      God parrots are SO fucking metal.
                      http://www.reptilianrecords.com/reptilian/hatebeak/

Sorry, just couldn't help myself...
                      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I've always been partial to Norwegian Blues. Beautiful plumage.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                          I have an African Grey myself. His name is appropriately enough, Ozzy He just had a birthday recently and turned 13. I've had him since he was 1 month old. Parrots are awesome! Just be prepared to make a life long commitment when you get one. They get very attached to you and need daily interaction with you. African Grey's are not exactly rare. They are pricey because they are known to be the best talkers and are the smartest. They not only speak but also say it in the voice of the person they learned it from! Their intelligence level is at approximately that of a 5 year old child. So figure on having a 5 year old child with you for the rest of its life.
                          Sun Conures are considerably cheaper but I'm sure just as enjoyable for their owners. I'm not up on their prices though. For the larger Parrots (Amazons, African Greys, Macaws) you pay more for younger birds. Not sure if thats a factor for Sun Conures.
                          totally with you on the african grey love, roody! my stepdad had one named barney. he was hilarious.

conures are cheaper perhaps because they're smaller, and they're not talkers like african greys are.

my ex had a vossmarie eclectus who was just beautiful. sadly, she was not long for the earth and passed away recently.

my best advice is NOT to buy one at a pet store; get one from a breeder. you'll pay a lower price, and you'll most likely wind up with one in better health.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            totally with you on the african grey love, roody! my stepdad had one named barney. he was hilarious.

conures are cheaper perhaps because they're smaller, and they're not talkers like african greys are.

my ex had a vossmarie eclectus who was just beautiful. sadly, she was not long for the earth and passed away recently.

my best advice is NOT to buy one at a pet store; get one from a breeder. you'll pay a lower price, and you'll most likely wind up with one in better health.

sully
                            I think you are correct on that Sully. The Conure is smaller and not as much a talker. I think the other thing that raises African Grey prices is that not only are they talkers but also they are considered the best talkers. Interestingly, if you are going to buy a Parrot just because they can talk you might be disappointed. What I mean is that while many Parrots are capable of speach, some never talk or choose not too. Conversely, you get some surprises sometimes. My niece got a Parakeet and while its no Amazon or African Grey in the talking dept. it did say a few words in a tiny squeeky voice
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'd like to meet this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%27kisi

Comment

Working...
                              X