New haircut for kitty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    Otherwise they piss and shit against anything electrical.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

especially behind TV's. And neutering is not the solution. They just do it more in contempt for chopping off their balls.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-22-2008, 11:29 AM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
        The most common charactorisitc of a Maine coon. Is the log tufts of fir coming out the top of the ear. A maine like a lion around the neck from just below the chin to just abouve the shoulders. Tufts of fir sticking out from between the toes. Extra long wiskers. altho not always the case. It is still one of the traits.
        Gil

Hey man, sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. Definitely not my intent.

Hopefully this pic isn't blocked. I direct linked it.

Like I said, it describes Conan (pictured above in my previous post. Isn't he handsome?) to a Tee. Conan weighs 19 pounds, so he's a pretty big cat, but his mother was a tiny little calico long hair. So anyway, I guess he could be mistaken for a Maine Coon. I know what you mean about some of them being smaller too. A friend of mine had a male and a female. The male was enormous, probably a good 22-24lbs, but the female was just normal cat size, maybe even a tad on the small size.

I've had cats literally all my life too, sometimes as many as 12 at one time (kittens you know). The great thing about cats, is that they have their own personality. Even when they are raised from birth in the same household, they can become very different later in life. Most of our cats have grown up being super mellow, but I know people who have adopted cats from the shelter, and unfortunately, it seems that some of them had been treated pretty badly. Sure, some are just naturally bad tempered, or shy, but more often than not there is a reason for it.

My sister-in-law had a cat named Bear that she adopted, and it would approach me, lie down, and expect me to pet it. So, naturally I did, and almost immediately it would begin to growl and spit. It would stay there letting me pet it, obviously enjoying the attention, but still growling away. I was lucky, as she didn't even let most people near her at all. Who knows what that poor cat had lived through. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you can't fix them. You just have to live with their quirks.

One of my cats actually went crazy and turned into a bum. He started staying out for long periods of time, and would come home covered with burrs, and with sticks tangled in his fur. He started eating birds instead of his cat food. Most cats like to catch birds and kill them, but he actually ate them. His favourites were blue jays. I'd find little piles of blue feathers and bird intestines all over the yard. He started disappearing for longer and longer, until eventually, he just stopped coming home at all. We'd see him around the neighborhood sometimes, all dirty and wild looking. One day out of the blue, after we hadn't seen him in a couple of months, he showed up at the door, and came in the house as if it was business as usual. He hung out for a couple of hours, and then went on his way again. I think that was the last time we saw him. I think he was schizophrenic.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Matt, that's cute!

Hey, its really common for people to have more than one cat. Most people who own cats , usually have more than one. More often than dogs I think..why is that?
          It gives the cats companionship when you're not around, plus they do some cool and acrobatic stuff when playing together. My sis has a mother cat and two boys, and the boys still play together like kittens even though they're going on 3 years old. Once in awhile the mama cat even gets into the act!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If I was the groomed cat in the pics above, I'd disown my master.
            "POOP"

Comment

Cats rule.

Long haired cats, while beautiful, are a pain in the friggin' ass. I use to have Persians. After 3 of them, I was done with long hairs. So my cat now has short hair.

But I've seen short haired cats that shed as much if not more than a long hair. They are "easier" because they don't matte up like that.

Imagine how much torment Trouble would go through it you didn't knock him out. That would be bad. Nothing wrong with sedating the cat to get it shaved. My parents have one like that.

Cats rule.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I wanna get me a Sphynx cat. They're funny as hell looking, but no fucking hair.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Geeez..didn't know I was startin trouble.
                  I will give ANY one of YOU 1 year..you make friends with her. YOU groom her, you can also feel free to post your scars.
                  You can't deal with her at ALL without sedation, this is from her vet of 6 years!!

Comment

we had a cat, which you couldnt groom or do anyhting to, unless you were geared up in medieval armor. and even then the claws would get through. we eventually gave up. all he did was sleep all day anyway.
                    now, one of the cats we got, throws a tantrum if it isnt groomed twice a week
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Some cats are just evil. Our cat is the kind that will be so happy, purring, kissing and then...... attack! He's just a mean sonofabitch that likes to fight. He's taken on squirrels and raccoons. I keep telling him he's in over his head . Last weekend he came back with a big chunk taken out of his right front leg. The vet demands that he be sedated BEFORE he comes in for anything. Poor bastard still tries to fight off the nurses and vet while he's drugged out.

Comment

One of my previous cats Sox used to take down woodpigeons (the Brit equivalent of an albratross) and devour them (even the wings). One day, stupid bastard picked a fight with a car. The car won.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I used to have a long haired cat...a persian mix. I never had to take him to be groomed or anything. I just combed him regularly and it kept his coat looking good and no tangles. He didn't like me combing him really and would try to get away, but it wasn't a big ordeal though.

Cool to see some cat lovers on here...so many people hate cats for some stupid reason, never have understood that!! I've always thought they were cool animals..I have dogs too...I love animals period. Wouldn't be the same without guitars, guns and animals.
                          Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
                          Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
                          Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                            I realize some animals are just difficult. But even the most shy and or difficult animal can be brought around.
                            Yessir, tell that to the widow of the fella mauled by his pet grizzly.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                            X