Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New haircut for kitty...

...and she's pissed :ROTF:
    Trouble is REALLY mean and hard to get along with..and VERY long haired. Well, cause she won't let me groom her, about once a year she has to go to the vet and get groomed. They knock her out. They don't even like to see her coming LOL. Well, today was the day. She kind of got a butcher job, cause apparently she started wakin up before they were finished. Anyhow..here's a before and after.

Before pics:

And after:

I feel for her..but know she must feel better.

I am sooooo tempted to do the same with mine. The one or the right is the worst. Within a couple days they can cover my bed with cat hair.

Comment

Shave her bald! She's looks better, nice lion look!. Will that grow back really fast. Is it common to knock a kitty or dog out for grooming like that. If they don't like it and fight..yeah, that makes sense.

Pico had had a tumor cut out of his butt last weekend. He's OK..but hates the lampshade on his head. My wife takes it off so he can eat. She was cryin'..that's her baby.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Matt, that's cute!

Hey, its really common for people to have more than one cat. Most people who own cats , usually have more than one. More often than dogs I think..why is that?
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

DAmn dude. that poor maine coon. Mine loved to be brushed. All my cats have loved to be brushed. Just get them used to it. If the tangles are bad it will hurt pullin at them with the brush. Some may need to be cut to get the knots out. But my maine coon. Didnt like the brush at first. Either did my current short hair Porcia. Now she loves it. My Maine coon. Would knot like a rope at a boyscout camp. And wouldnt let me brush her for anything. I just slowly coazed her into it and she saw the other cats i had at the time that loved it. So she finaly gave in. The realized it wasnt that bad and let me bruch her all the time. Even on her belly It's a matter of trust. But then i have a way with animal. I can get most dogs or cats to approach me. Even the most skitish ones. They just love me. Just work the the cat and give her treats when she does good with lettin ya brush her. I little brushing everyday does wonders for the long hair cats. I kow it can be hard to get time to do that everyday. But while watchin tv or someting and kitty is next to ya. Just have the brush with in reach and go for it. Sh'ell eventually ome around and dont scare her with it or youve got a lot more work to do.
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
            DAmn dude. that poor maine coon. Mine loved to be brushed. All my cats have loved to be brushed. Just get them used to it. If the tangles are bad it will hurt pullin at them with the brush. Some may need to be cut to get the knots out. But my maine coon. Didnt like the brush at first. Either did my current short hair Porcia. Now she loves it. My Maine coon. Would knot like a rope at a boyscout camp. And wouldnt let me brush her for anything. I just slowly coazed her into it and she saw the other cats i had at the time that loved it. So she finaly gave in. The realized it wasnt that bad and let me bruch her all the time. Even on her belly It's a matter of trust. But then i have a way with animal. I can get most dogs or cats to approach me. Even the most skitish ones. They just love me. Just work the the cat and give her treats when she does good with lettin ya brush her. I little brushing everyday does wonders for the long hair cats. I kow it can be hard to get time to do that everyday. But while watchin tv or someting and kitty is next to ya. Just have the brush with in reach and go for it. Sh'ell eventually ome around and dont scare her with it or youve got a lot more work to do.
            Gil
            No offense bro, but I'm also an "animal person"..I've met dogs that were "dangerous" and just petted them all I wanted too. This cat is evil LOL. Seriously I have scars to prove it. I've had her since she was 4-5 weeks old, she's NEVER been harmed or abused. I CANNOT groom her. Or pet her most days unless SHE wants it. I've never had a cat like this.

Yes she has to be tranq'd to be groomed. Today the vet even messed up, and let her wake up before he got her in the pet taxi. He had to have James come and get her out of the holding cage they had her in, cause none of them could get near her. We've had her for over 6 years now.
            I love her dearly, but damn..she's a bitch.

Comment

Hey Jacksonfreak, first off, Jeri ain't a dude, mmmmkay! Also, that ain't a Maine Coon, it's just a long haired cat. MCs have specific markings, and are USUALLY quite large compared to standard domestic cats. Not only that, but they are fuggin expensive. Finally, relax, the cat ain't hurt. I know how hard it can be with certain cats to brush them. My cat Conan is good natured generally, but when I try to brush him, he starts to playfully bite the brush. It would literally take me hours to brush him because he thinks it's a big game. Fortunately he doesn't get tangled and matted up like some cats do, so we just have to clean up A LOT of cat hair. He grooms himself in one particular place, and pretty much every other day we find a pile of hair the size of a hamster sitting in the corner.

Some cats will let you vacuum them, which is very good at controlling the shedding.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, I googled maine coon, and apparently there are some that don't have the stripey tabbi markings. According to the descriptions of their characteristics, my cat could be one, but I know he's not. He just a regular old cat.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I know Jeri isnt a dude. It was a figure of speach. And why is everybody attackin me for trying to help? Shit ive had 7 years experience in pet stores have had cats most of my life and im 43. You do the math. I realize some animals are just difficult. But even the most shy and or difficult animal can be brought around. Ive done it. I know the cat isnt hurt. Its just fir. But they have fir for a reason. And yes there are times when a major groom such as this are necessary. And I know it will grow back. Maybe i just lucky and have a way with animals that alot dont. So. Im just speaking from my experiences. And i get bashed for it. WTF is that? I never even suggested the cat was abused in anyway. Some just dont like being groomed but like i said before they can be trained to like it and know it wont hurt them. It just takes some time and effert. And yes maine coons are large cats. But the males can get up to 32lbs and the females are typically much smaller. And there are things known as runts. My maine coon female was only 9.5lbs. she was a runt. But still gorgeous and had every trait of a maine coon from coat to temperment. And there are black and white maine coons. That done have the typicall rings around the tail or the other markings. Its more of a fir pattern and length than it is a pattern. As there can be tortoise tabby swirls. Red and white. Grey Mackeral with or with the tan.
                  Im just sayin. Maybe its not a maine coon as you say but it sure looks like one.

Comment

The most common charactorisitc of a Maine coon. Is the log tufts of fir coming out the top of the ear. A maine like a lion around the neck from just below the chin to just abouve the shoulders. Tufts of fir sticking out from between the toes. Extra long wiskers. altho not always the case. It is still one of the traits.
                    Gil

Comment

Both of mine love to be groomed.They cry when I get done so I have to keep brushing.My big male cat falls asleep during the brushing process.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

that is frickin hilarious!!!
                        you gotta love bald pussy:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

That's why I have a short-haired dog
                          Scott

Comment

Both my cats love being brushed with a steel comb. And they still malt tons of hair. But we stop them malting on beds by locking them in the kitchen. Otherwise they piss and shit against anything electrical.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No Don't Shave The Pussy!!! :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X